Go my S&W K-38

DarthTedd

Had to wait over the weekend for my permit but finally got it yesterday. Price out the door was $325 cash. This particular shop has a regular price and a cash price (less cost if you don't have to pay the CC fee).

I talked with Hammer It, our local S&W expert/collector, and he informed me this was made in 1986. I've wanted one for quite sometime and am very happy with the firearm. There is minimal wear and tear and in many regards it looks brand new.

swk38.jpg

Can't wait to get it to the range.

mikejonestkd

Darth, nice!!! I am looking at a similar one right now that was made in the 1970's and it looks to be in similar condition to yours. Enjoy!!!

Hammer It

I talked with Hammer It, our local S&W expert/collector, and he informed me this was made in 1986
Hello Darth tedd
I am far from any Expert on S&W's, But have some excellent reference material to learn from, and resort to if needed. That is a very Nice K-38. I think they are the best Bargain S&W revolver out there at this time, and you are into it right. I bet it will be your Favorite Range revolver soon. let us know how it shoots and groups.. Hammer It.

skeeter1

Darth--

Enjoy shooting that K-38. Take care of it and it will outlive you. My older Smith (M35) is just a baby at 35 years of age, and still going strong. At $325, I'd say you got a great deal.

DarthTedd

I am far from any Expert on S&W's, But have some excellent reference material to learn from, and resort to if needed.

I know you are being modest ... either way you have the collection & knowledge to back it up.

Hammer It

Hello Darth tedd
I apreciate your kind words. I will suggest a very good reference book to have on hand and read is Entitled "The Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson" By authors Jim Supica and & Rick Nahaas. It has Three hard cover versions and I have all three to turn to on posters questions or my own. It is the best reference material book out on Smith & Wesson Products and no one should be without one. They sell them on Flea-Bay all the time used for the Two Past editions are out of circulation and hard to locate. The Third came out just after Christmas and I Purchased mine from Overstock.com. I hope this helps, Hammerdown