Gloves....

thug23

Saw an ad today for "Gripswell" a glove you wear on the shooting hand which is slightly padded in the heel and palm area and is suppose to help reduce recoil when fireing a handgun...ever hear of it or used one?
thanks for your help.

Keltyke

My wife uses a sports glove with open fingertips from Hibbets when she shoots her Springfield v10 a lot. It works well. It offers just enough cushion and isn't thick enough to impair her grip.

If you do a LOT of practice with a difficult gun, I'd use one. Otherwise, no. You probably won't have the glove on in a "social situation", so don't get too used to it.

LionHunter

I use both PAST and Uncle Mike's with my large bore handguns - S&W 500 & 460 & Ruger 480. They do help. Not familiar with the one you mention.

bikerbill

I used to use a padded glove when I shot full-house rounds out of my 686+ ... then I got a decent replacement grip; don't need it any more ... none of my other guns needs that buffer ...

tdrizzle

It's nice to use one from Uncle Mike's when I practice with +Ps at the range in my model 642, but keltyke is right, you won't have one walking around (at least I wouldn't wear one out in the world ;)) so better to practice barehanded most of the time.

jaydubya

When I shot my 637 Airweight at the range, even with range loads, I often created -- and popped -- a blister right in the crotch between my thumb and hand. I tried to use a glove with padding in that point, but it changed my grip so much that I gave up on it. Now I simply put a Johnson & Johnson knuckle bandage there. Works fine, even with ten or so Remington +p 158gr SWCHPs.

Cordially, Jack