Glocks (revisited)

I don't consider myself a Glock fan. The only Glocks I like are the G21, G26 and G30. I own the G21 and G26 currently and plan to get a 30 shortly.

Having said that, I want to point out an often overlooked advantage of owning a Glock. Glock owners can join the GSSF club and enter the matches. I have gone to GSSF events, and they are really fun. The atmosphere is family oriented, and it is easy to make new shooting friends. Additionally, three people win brand new Glocks--it is usually done so the (top third) winner wins, the (middle third) winner wins, and the (bottom third) winner wins. Other prizes are handed out as well. This scoring system gives everyone (even non-experienced shooters) a chance to win. I suppose one can join the GSSF without a Glock, but since only Glocks are allowed one would have to borrow a friends.....

J. Parker

No no I was just funnin' ya. Actually, just a bunch of shooter's getting together sharing a commom interest is what's important. Best Regards, J. Parker

EQP

To me the purpose of the GSSF is fine, it's just that they don't offer them in my area. From what I've seen and read about them, they seem like a great method for introducing new folks to the gun culture. Too bad there aren't that many of them across the U.S.

Evan

ammoeater

I just called Glock last week to send me a GSSF sign-up kit. I have read quite a bit about their shoots, and it sounds like a great time. I've never competed in a shooting sport, and GSSF seems like a good place to start. Unfortunately, there are only one or two shoots in NJ (relocating to a free state ASAP) but I would be willing to travel for a good time.:D

Anyone who has shot GSSF, please respond with your opinions. Your advice is appreciated. :)

Anyone who has shot GSSF, please respond with your opinions. Your advice is appreciated.

ammoeater,

I have shot GSSF and can attest that it is worth a long drive. It is fun, challenging, family oriented, and hey you can win new Glocks too! :)

Russell92

ammoeater, i'm also in NJ and shoot GSSF.

i started shooting GSSF last year and went to 5 matches in my area (although some are quite a trip to get to). it's tons of fun. unlike some pistol competitions GSSF has a very good atmosphere there, all the people are very friendly. the shooting itself is a lot of fun but there are many other perks and fun things to do there. you get any parts on your glocks that are broken or worn replaced for free by glock armorers at the matches. also the armorers will install parts on your glocks (i.e. night sights) for free if you have the parts on you. you don't have to be a good shot to win. i've won some money at a few matches and i'm not a great shot.

don't get mag at Glock or GSSF if it takes a while for your paperwork to come in. the GSSF staff is only i believe 4 people and they have A LOT of work on their hands. expect to wait around 8 weeks for your membership packet or results from a match to come in.

to learn more about GSSF to to http://www.glocktalk.com and go to the GSSF forum. or go to http://www.sportshooter.com/gssf which is the unofficial GSSF web-site

ammoeater

Thanks for the GSSF info guys. I just got my membership kit from Glock (only took 6 days!) and I can't wait for my first shoot! Hey Russel, if you shoot in Southern NJ (Ocean Co. or thereabouts) and you need some company on the range, email me. I am always ready to shoot, and the more the merrier. I normally shoot at Fort Dix public range.

Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated. Look out for me in upcoming GSSF matches! ;)