Glock's Carbine

Kodiac

I have heard many people talk about and speculate on this. Is Glock really making a carbine? What will the specs be? What will it look like? How much?

These are things I need to know. For Glock to come out with a really good unit, it will be another blow to HK, the P-90 was a hit below HK's belt. Lots of people/agencies scrambling to get one... Don't know any one scrambling for another old MP5 Or even Tom Clancy's MP10 (what ever... could you really suppress the 10MM as effectivly as described?) Hk was too slow with the 224 BOZ and now, if Glock comes out with this thing in an evil caliber/configuration... Ouch... HK will have some work to do! The G36K is nice, but they will have to go a long way to prove it. Making it able to reconfigure into different mission orientations probably wont help it. The Stoner system proved that isn't alll that great of a selling point.

------------------
Kodiac
Kenetic Defence Institute
kodiac@hotbot.com

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
Kodiac,

I began pestering Glock to make a longarm in '95...

It is my understanding that the Glock carbine could have been ready for the last SHOT show, but that there were reliability issues. Then again, maybe this was scuttlebutt.

ch_omega

Over 6 years later, and no carbine?

Okay, what was this about? Did Glock make a carbine or not? Sure haven't seen it.

cartman308

there have been rumors about a glock carbine for a lonoooooong time!!!! as this posts age indicates.......... IMHO it aint gonna happen.........

cart