Glocks and leather holsters

chiz45

How many of you do it? This is purely subjective, but it seems silly to put a Glock in a nice, leather holster. Now, 1911s, are MADE for quality leather holsters, and i have 2 milt sparks rigs for my 1911s. My Glock? she'll sit in kydex. ONLY kydex.

:D

chiz45

just realized that there was as thread on topic below, but could not delete this thread. "Do not have access." weird.

mlk18

All I have is leather for my Glocks. I have an M/D Custom holster
(York Concealment System) that converts from belt slide to IWB,
and an Aker Flatsider. Plus my Safariland 295, that's leather per
se'. I have tried several kydex holsters from UM, Fobus and
Comp-Tac, but always came back to leather. If pressed for a
reason I guess I would say comfort and quality.

mlk18

Plus Glock's just looks so much better in leather!

Attachments

• glock_ass.jpg
    glock_ass.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 173

chiz45

is that you in the pic? that is what i call 'leather overload.' lol

i find that SOB or behind the hip carry is hard to conceal if you plan on sitting down, bending town, tying your shoe, etc. I now carry directly on my side (DOMS), as it still can be drawn, and will not print when i sit.

biere

iwb winds up being kydex.

owb can be both but I prefer leather.

And for some things leather wins since plastic can't do the job. I got a nice price on a big flap holster someone had made then needed to sell. It is made to hold a glock 20 with a 6 inch hunting barrel installed. It is closed on the bottom, just made longer than normal. This is only for hunting and what not, but it is so nice to not have the longer barrel sticking out the bottom where something could get in it if you go slip sliding around in the mud and fall. I just use it around my place for now.

Kentucky Rifle

I carry my G27 in a black shark skin holster on a matching 1.5 inch black shark skin gunbelt made by Rafter gunleather. Looks good and works VERY well.

KR

RogerC

Those are pretty "festive" pants there, mlk18.......you can get away with that in South Dakota? :)

Guns and leather jut plain go together. They make a combination that has "soul". Plastic, while perfectly functional, is cold and "lifeless".

I also don't care for the ungiving stiffness when carrying IWB that plastic has. Leather rides gentler on the "soft bits".

k10.jpg