Glock19 round count

Love&Hate12

I would assume a little over 20,000 rounds now, with about 25 percent being hot +p and +p+. I have not even done any sort of maintenance and it is still shooting like it's right out of the box.

These Glocks aren't pretty, aren't refined compared to some others(more than Russian pistols at least:D ), but they are awesome workhorses with nice pinpoint accuracy.

I don't think I have any weapon other than my Sig220 which is at about 10,000 or so down the pipe go that long without a single failure of any type with a variety of ammunition.

Anyone else getting some high mileage on a Glock or any well made pistol without any sort of maintenance yet?

shield20

When you say maintenance - do you mean routine cleaning?
If not, then my Beretta 92f went an easy 10,000 with no malfunctions, no replacement parts, etc. The gun, and especially the trigger actually got better - smooth as glass.

I also cleaned it every time I shot it, and plenty of times I didn't when on duty in the rain, snow etc.

Last edited:

270Win

My best friend HATES cleaning his guns - and his Glock 22 is approaching 5,000 rounds with the most minimal maintenance imaginable; spraying cleaner into the barrel and letting it drip back out is the extent. He says it functions as well as the day he bought it.

Hoverboy26

Hey 270Win,

Does your friend realize that it takes about 2 minutes to clean a Glock 19?? Squirting cleaner down the barrel :eek: ......that's hilarious!! :D :D

As for my Glock, I have only put 1000 or so rounds through it, but I clean it after every 200. Sweet shooting pistol, I am looking to get some night sights next.

-RC

Love&Hate12

By maintenance I mean replacing little things, I always clean.

For example I had to replace the spring and extractor on my Colt after 5,000 rounds. No big deal, about 35 dollars.

if the GLOCK "test gun" the G17 chuck taylor put over 186,000rds through can do it, then the GLOCK 19 should to without any problems. after all it is a chopped G17. just 1/2inch shorter lenght, and width. i own a G17, i keep count of how many rounds i put through it, dont know why, but i think its fun. i know it can stand up to any and every kind of rough treatment, but i want to know how long it will take before i have to replace something on it, and how long the finish will last before i have it sent in. sitll thanks for sharing your G19 round count, its always fun to hear about how many rounds people put through their favorite pistols. keep us updated, when you have to replace anything (10 years from now)

9mmsnoopy

"My best friend HATES cleaning his guns - and his Glock 22 is approaching 5,000 rounds with the most minimal maintenance imaginable; spraying cleaner into the barrel and letting it drip back out is the extent. He says it functions as well as the day he bought "

i could never do that. once i went shooting and didnt clean it till the next day, i felt guilty, like i had let the gun down somehow lol

i like to keep mine looking immaculate, the cleaning is part of the deal.

perpster

Round Count?

I've looked all over my G19 and can't find the round counter. Where is it located? Is it only on the 3rd generation Glocks? ;)

270Win

I couldn't do that either; I clean my CZ after every range trip, which is usually something like 50-100 rounds.

But he just hates doing it. I'm not sure he knows how to break down the Glock, I've never seen him do it... just the damn Tetra cleaner down the barrel... though I've seen him break down his M4 as he did in the Army, and break down his Benelli for cleaning also. Although he complained the entire time.

Which is the opposite of myself; I really love cleaning my firearms, and spend a lot of time getting everything exactly right.

He jokes sometime about accidentally "leaving" his guns at my house... the sad thing is... he's right, they would certainly leave the premises cleaned and lubed.