Glock

sailskidrive

I'm thinking a Glock 25 would be perfected to teach my fiancé how to shoot, as she is very petite. The problem is I can't seem to locate one. Glock has them on their website but I can't even find one on gun broker!

Suggestions?

TheGoldenState

GLOCK 25? The .380?

It, along with the 28, isn't legal for import in the US, bar LEO.

I wouldn't choose that for teaching, anyways.

Revolver. 357/38spc.

AK103K

No, they arent full auto. I believe they dont pass the ATF's import regs.

Try one of the 9mm Glocks. They are soft shooters and she should have no troubles with them.

LockedBreech

I've never been sure why the Model 25 isn't allowed here, but fortunately in the Glock it doesn't have any real advantages. I believe dimensionally it is the same as a Model 19 9mm. More potent caliber, and pretty easy to shoot still.

If you'd still like a larger .380, and can afford the pricey premium (usually around $700 if I'm not mistaken), look for a Beretta Cheetah 84 or 85. Expensive, but mechanically fantastic and absolutely beautiful guns.

Don Glock

the glock 25 doesn't have enough importation points to be imported into the US. LE can obtain them through their dept though, so one pops up on gunbroker now and then.

however, it's a pointless gun. same size as the 9mm, despite being a .380 it recoils more because of it's unusual blowback mechanism. there's simply no point in owning one other than adding to a collection. it was made for markets where military calibers are illegal for civilians to own.

voyager4520

Because it uses blow-back operation many people (who've actually shot one) say that it has more recoil than the G19.

My suggestion would be a Ruger .22 pistol, a MKII, a MKIII, or a MKIII 22/45(this one has similar grip angle to 1911).

ice monkey

People seem to always say that .380’s utilizing a blowback action has more recoil than a 9mm. That has never been the case for me. My Sig 232 in .380 that has a blowback system is way easier to shoot and lighter kicking than my Glock 26, which is the same size and when loaded, heavier.

My buddy has a little “pocket 9” (can’t remember which) and I remember it Kicking way more than his .380 LCP which was both smaller and lighter.

I understand that perception trumps physics (which favors .380 - blowback or not kicking less) and all, but my perception has never been that the .380 kicks more in any relatively equal weight and size 9.

Just saying … I would love the .380 Glock!

Glockfan36

Don't you just love our government?

Even though I absolutely hate not being able to get a Glock in .380, Iactually prefer to reserve that caliber to small pocket pistols, as I consider it to be a "backup caliber" anyway. You know, when I can't carry my 9mm Baby Glock (which is rare, fortunately:D!)!

Usertag

That would be great. The .380ACP is a great carry for a first time carrier. The Glock 25 is great. You could possibly go smaller with th Glock 28. But It's Whatever. I personally still enjoy the .380 for carry.

labhound

I second the .22 cal Ruger Mark III 22/45. I have one and my wife and I really enjoy target shooting with it. Small grip, virtually no recoil, very accurate and reliable.

TheGoldenState

That would be great. The .380ACP is a great carry for a first time carrier. The Glock 25 is great. You could possibly go smaller with th Glock 28. But It's Whatever. I personally still enjoy the .380 for carry.

Have you read any of the comments?