GLOCK ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

KML

I need a little help guys.My range is going to have a glock day in three weeks,all models free to shoot with glock rep at range.All guns for sale 5% over dealer price.I have never been a glock fan,but they do seem to be the best for wear.I do have a ccw and carry a sig p229 in 40s&w, but do not like the fact that sigs show holster wear very bad and sooner than other guns,so i was thinking of buy a glock.I do not know the model# but was thinking of the .357sig model that is the same size as the glock 19.What is the # of rds this mag can hold?Am i correct in thinking that this model can use the same mags as the .40s&w that holds 15rds?Are these mag still around and what are they selling for?Is this a good gun?What is a good price for this model if i will get this for 5% over dealer price?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
KEVIN

OB-1

You might want to take a look at the model 30 when you have the chance. It's a compact .45, holds 10 in the mag and will accept the larger mags as well. Why carry a .357 or .40 when you can get a .45? Sorry about the last comment, I just couldn't resist.

Phillip

Why don't you save your money and get your 229 refinished? I too have seen the blackened stainless slides show premature wear, maybe SIG can do something about it for you under warranty?
If you must have a Glock and decide to sell your SIG, send me an e mail.

Donald

I love my G22 & G23 40 S&W

------------------
Join the NRA! I want my kid to have my guns when I go to the shooting range in the sky.
I am the NRA, join today

pete80

Try the 21 while your at it, you won't be sorry, unless your one of those guys with small hands...

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Glock Smock... :)
Kidding - sounds like a fun day - and a good way to market Glocks.

I would get a model 27 if I was concerned about CCW. Talk about a perfect package.

If I had to choose a Glock for CCW that is...

------------------
"Supreme authority derives from a mandate from the masses. Not from some farsicle aquatic ceremony."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

scott90501

The .357 Sig full size Glock is the model 31 (I just put a deposit on one).

After a holotta research, I decided on the G31. The price for mine was $466 + $10 s/h. That included trijicon night sights. The stock G31 is $420.

Here's an article about the .357 caliber if you're interested -
http://greent.com/40Page/ammo/357/357SIG-advoc.htm

Don't make the mistake of not getting the Trijicon sights.. It'll cost ya $50 more to have them put on afterwards than if you get them from Glock ! ($50 option with the gun - $100 to buy and havem installed later)

Good choice on the 31 :) :)

------------------
Lose that nickel plated sissy pistol, get yourself a GLOCK !

WD

Try one and I think you will like it. For 5% over cost you can't go wrong. If you find you don't like it you can probably sell it for a profit.

Mike Chirillo

Check out a copy of "Gun Guide 2000" by Shooting Times. They reviewed all the current .357 sig models available (Sig, Glock, Taurus, S&W) and did accuracy tests using 15 different factory loads. My choice would be to get a .357 sig barrel for your P229. And I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.