Glock target sight options, Taran?

Vt.birdhunter

Searched here and elsewhere, looking to shoot tighter groupings with a glock 17; currently using a tritium 3 dot sight with a combat sight picture.

Recommendations for a set sights that will provide a sharp target sight picture (pumpkin on a fence post)?

Love the Taran Fiber optic set but concerned over its non-adjustable rear. I shoot various loads. Any options you can offer, particularly in an adjustable rear would be great.
Not a duty/nightstand pistol.

Uncle Malice

If you want a vertical bar on the rear (like sig) then the Millett might be a good option. They are adjustable.

For a good precision front, a Dawson fiber optic would be a good bet. I can't comment on the combination of those two together, but I imagine it would give you what you're looking for.

Vt.birdhunter

Ive seen the millet, felt too busy for me.
Dawson is definitely on the list.

In theory I just need an adjustable rear to raise enough to give me the sight picture I want using my existing front sight. Just not sure if the adjustment room will be there.

Last edited:

Uncle Malice

In that case, just get the whole Dawson set. Get the blacked out adjustable rear and the thin fiber front. If you're doing target shooting, i doesn't get much more precise than that.

My favorite sights on the market are the Trijicon HD's, but I think I'm doing different shooting than you. :)

Vt.birdhunter

Picked up the Glock factory adjustable rear for around $20 just to get an idea of what an ideal fixed height might be.

Little plastic sucker is solid with crisp adjustment clicks for the price.
Sight picture is sharp enough, not too busy.
If it doesn't fall off after a few hundred rounds Ill be down right giddy:)

If your a glock shooter and dislike the combat sight picture with factory sights, this is worth trying:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/57...h-adjustment-tool-polymer-black-white-outline