Glock Strip & Clean

New19

What do you guys use for getting in all the nooks and crannies and cleaning out the powder residue and gunk:confused: also I know you are supposed to put one small drop of oil on the triger mechanism when you field strip but what if it looks like it is still lubricated enough:eek:

Thanks for your help.

Mosin44az

Not a cleaning expert, don't detail strip my Glock either. Do use a dental pick to reach some crannies, if you think that might help. They sell them with other cleaning supplies at the gun shows.

If the trigger looks already lubricated, I wouldn't over-lubricate it personally. The lubricant I use in such areas also works as kind of a cleaner.

Dj Dust

I use a dental pick when I don't feel like doing a full strip but you should do a full strip every 1000 rounds or so.

threegun

I spray my disassembled Glock with brake cleaner. Then I wipe a thin coat of oil and add a little oil here and there to re lube the gun. Never had a problem in close to 3 decades. The brake cleaner will leave a white residue after it dries.......don't get worried once you lube it up that goes away.

deadmarsh

threegun has it right

-- I use his system for all my handguns...oil is applied with fingers and Q-Tip and then removed leaving an almost unnoticable film...NEVER overlube a firearm - a drop is too much...

Dead