Glock slides and mods

Dashunde

I'm a insurance adjuster in Levis' and untucked polo shirts that works in the inner city of St. Louis - not a nice place at all.
I've been carrying a LCP, and a 1911 in the vehicle. Its likely that if needed the LCP would come up short on hit and round count and the .45 in the car would be out of reach and thus... worthless.
They tend to misbehave when in numbers, so more than 6 rounds seems prudent.
I drive a lot so my new shooter has to be comfortable IWB.
Glocks... The 19's numbers seem workable - how concealable & comfortable is it.. really?
What would it take to get a rounded slide for a 19? (seems silly that its not already)
Who does nice Glock "melts" and trigger jobs?

The G26 is also being strongly considered...
Same for a Kahr P9.

Wiskey_33

I had a 23 and found it very easy to carry in a Comp-Tac holster. All I did was hit the front strap with some sandpaper and take away the "checkering". After that, it was all good.

I'd buy one, and carry it, then decide what you want to do to it. Some things you mentioned aren't really necessary in my opinion.

Daryl

I'm not a big guy, standing 5'7", and weigh around 140 lbs.

I can conceal my G23 pretty easily, but it's more comfortable in an OWB holster for me. Playing around with it a little, I found I can conceal it pretty easily at 11:00, with the grip crossways to my right...

Under a tucked in western shirt, wearing wrangler blue jeans.

So it's not all that hard to conceal. I just need to find the right holster now.

Daryl

cwok

Compact or Sub-Compact Glock and larger spare Mag

I can't quote the mix/match list for Glock pistols&magzines, but generally when you buy a compact or sub-compact Glock, you can carry a spare magaine for one of the larger Glocks in the same caliber (exception for the slim .45 acp model).

Two examples
9MM -- Model 26 - a sub-compact 9mm pistol with 10 round magazine inserted and carry a spare 17 or 19 round magazine.

.45 -- Glock 30 - a compact .45 pistol with 10 round magazine and carry a spare 13 round magazine.

If you can't survive your current work environment with those assets (and/or body armour) - perhaps you could consider investigating other options.

w_houle

If you can't survive your current work environment with those assets (and/or body armour) - perhaps you could consider investigating other options.
Duct tape, SAPI Plate, and an AR pistol in .50 Beowulf seem to come to mind :p. Either that or pick up a K-T PF9 or P11. IIRC you can use S&W 59 mags in it as well

demigod

The rest of the world doesn't need a rounded slide to CCW a glock. That's why it isn't commonly found. :confused:

I carried a G22 concealed for years and never felt any need to mod the slide. If you mod the slide then it won't mate as well to any of the decent holsters.

WvHiker

I use a clip on IWB holster at about 3:00 with a Glock 19 every single day. Take a look at something like the FIST #1A; I've found it to be very comfortable and convenient.

mete

Melting a Glock - not a good idea since there are special coatings [case hardening etc] that make the Glock extremely wear and corrosion resistant.

Dashunde

Demigod said:
The rest of the world doesn't need a rounded slide to CCW a glock. That's why it isn't commonly found.
It sure helps - the G26, 23 and 36 (and others?) come rounded from the factory.
I'm simply seeking the same profile in a G19, that would mean rounded slide w/ higher capacity.

mete said:
Melting a Glock - not a good idea since there are special coatings [case hardening etc] that make the Glock extremely wear and corrosion resistant.
Right. Thats why I asked for some recommendations on who does nice Glock work.

Coastal

I like the MTAC for my Glocks. Very comfortable and conceals well. Whatever holster that you choose, get yourself a good gun belt. You'll be glad that you did.

Jimmy10mm

You mentioned the Kahr P9. I just recently bought one and find it to be an excellent CCW. My Glock 23 is a bit too large for me to carry comfortably although it is a great shooter and my default inside the vehicle gun.