Glock slide interchangeability?

jfrey123

Theory: A Glock 17 9mm and the Glock 22 .40AUTO appear to have the exact same dimensions on paper. 7.32in long and 1.18in wide, according to their website. I've also noticed that some 'value priced' after market magazines claim to be for 9mm/.40 cal Glock.

Question: Can I put a G22 slide and barrel on a G17 frame? If so, will the G17 mags load the .40 slide, or would I need G22 mags?

I know, I'm reaching, but the economic pinch is being felt all around. I don't have the budget for 2 new Glocks (already needing a G26 for carry), but would like a larger caliber auto loader for being in the outdoors. If anyone else had an idea or method for converting 9mm Glocks, I'd love to hear it. :cool:

DonR101395

Yes you can use either slide on your frame. Swap out ejectors to the correct one for the caliber. Also use the appropriate magazines. Some guns will cycle 9mm with the .40 mags, but it's not reliable.

jfrey123

Ok, I thought so.

Would anyone know if there are any legality issues with buying a slide? I'd like to buy one complete, extractor and all the internal. I figure with one of those, a barrel and a couple magazines, I'd be good to go.

I can't find any online vendors selling the slide, which is making me wonder if I'm walking a dangerous line or not... :eek: