Glock Rear Sight

Consort

I will be replacing the stock sights on my G19 Gen 4 with a pair of Trijicon HD's. I forget if the rear sight should be pushed from gun's left to the right or vice versa. I have the pusher from Maryland Gun Works.

KenL

When I removed my rear sight from my G22, I pushed it right to left to remove, then left to right to install the new one. Worked fine.

Dave1911

I read someplace it was supposed to be more "open" on the right side looking from back. However, when I was trying to remove mine this past weekend, I ended up going out the left side after it would not easily go to the right.

roadrash

I push glock sights left to right,doesn't matter really but it does help to preserve the lettering on the sight,it is especially delicate on HD sights.

AK103K

The instructions that came with my MGW Glock tool say, "you will pull the new sight on, from right to left". Ive always pushed them off, left to right, and installed them as they say, pulled on, right to left.

One thing Ive always done too, is run the base of the new sight across a piece of new, fine emery paper on a hard flat surface a couple of swipes. They seem to go on a little easier/smoother when you do.

Consort

Update

I ended up removing (pushing) the sight from pistol's left to right. I tried to install the new one (pulling) from right to left but encountered a lot of resistance when I tried to seat the sight in the channel. Putting it in (pushing) from the left seemed to work more smoothly without risking damage to the sight. Everything has been centered up and I'm good to go now. Thanks, everyone, for weighing in.

Seven High

Did you use some type of cement like Loctite to hold the rear sight firmly in place? Meprolite recommends that this be done with their sights.

AK103K

I dont normally use LocTite, as things are usually very tight as it is, and usually require some emery to get things to go.

I can only remember two guns that required help, both 1911's, and both required the dovetail to be "dimpled" with a punch, and LocTite was added as a preventative measure.

Captains1911

The rear sight, just like the frame pins, should be removed from left to right, and installed from right to left. No loctite is needed on the rear sight, it is held tightly in place with friction.