Glock Problem

epic4444

so ive had a new glock 19 for about 6 months and havent done a ton of shooting with it so i dont see why i think its strating to break down...today i took it out and noticed that the gap between the slide and the frame seem extra large...i mean i can clearly see threw the gun which bothered me....also now when the gun is empty and the trigger has been pulled...tha firing pin seem extra loose...compared to my 26 its makes alot of noise when i shake the gun..also the slide and frame seems looser than the slide on my 26...idk if these are problem i should be worried about but can someone help me out...thanks

HighValleyRanch

My 1989 2nd gen glock 19 with thousands of rounds through it makes a lot of rattle when you shake it, but still shoots tight ragged one holers all day, so I wouldn't worry about it.
My G26 makes a slight rattle when you shake it side to side.
Glock 29 does as well.

BanditSRT8

From your description, this sounds normal... but in case yours may be a bit more severe, I would just ask a competent gun smith to look it over.

All Glocks (and all polymer pistols for that matter) will have a gap between the polymer frame and the slide. Under heavy shooting the polymer frame will heat up and expand a little bit, so they must leave that amount of clearance to allow for that without interfering with the operation of the gun.

Also, the firing pin (striker actually) will be able to slap back and forth a little bit once the trigger has been pulled because it is no longer half-cocked. What you're likely hearing is the striker just moving within it's field of motion pre-cock.

Alleykat

If the firing pin doesn't rattle when you shake your Glock, with the tension off the spring, then you need to take the firing pin assembly out and clean out the firing pin channel. Concern about the gap between the frame and slide is unfounded concern. ;)

B.N.Real

epic,it's a Glock-they were never meant to be pretty,just damn fine handguns.

You're thinking to hard about it.

Enjoy shooting it.

Actually what's happening is your getting bored with how good it shoots and are feeling like you should be getting more enjoyment out of it in some other way.

Time to buy another handgun (and keep that outstanding Glock,too).

Maybe a stainless Taurus 1911 or CZ or HK or SIG or S&W or (another Glock)..........