Glock Night Sight Question

Joe_Pike

I have a Glock 19, 26 and 43. I can't shoot them worth a hoot, but that's neither here nor there. The 26 came with factory night sights and I sent the 19 and 43 to Glock to have night sights installed because the price is reasonable. I believe they are Meprolights, but if I'm wrong I would appreciate a heads up.

Anyway, the front sight washes out on me and I can't see it very well (I've got old at some point). So, I would like to get a front sight with a tritium insert that has an orange outside ring. Is there a front sight like that available where I can still use my rear Meprolight sight and save a little money?

Last edited:

Eazyeach

Trijicon HD. Available in yellow or orange. I love my yellow one on my M&P. I forget where, but you can just buy the front post somewhere.

Joe_Pike

But, are there height differences or anything like that that would not allow my current rear sight to work with either of these suggestions?

TunnelRat

Yes there are sights like this. Trijicon HDs and a few options from Ameriglo. You can buy just the front sight for both. I think you'll want to be able to measure the height above the slide of your rear sight. You can then compare, either look up or call the companies, with the rear sights that typically come with those front sights to gauge if that will work. I'd the heights don't match you'll have a situation where your Point of Impact doesn't match your Point of Aim. I'd also add that a fiber optic front might be even more help, though the orange ring helps too (for my eyes a yellow or green ring works better).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

L-2

It's important to know what the front sight height is (if hitting to one's satisfaction) to be replaced.

Glock front sights heights are now getting complicated with 4.1mm (.165"), 4.9 mm, and for Ameriglo: .165"; .180"; .200"; or .220".

In olden days, Glock only had .165" height front sights.

Other than some Ameriglo sights, Glock has its own brand of sights.
Whether Glock sources its sights from some other company is unknown (to me).

Meprolight is an Israeli company, separate from Glock, but does have sights for Glock handguns, as do other sight companies.

Big Shrek

I have a Glock 19, 26 and 43. I can't shoot them worth a hoot, but that's neither here nor there. The 26 came with factory night sights and I sent the 19 and 43 to Glock to have night sights installed because the price is reasonable. I believe they are Meprolights, but if I'm wrong I would appreciate a heads up.

Anyway, the front sight washes out on me and I can't see it very well (I've got old at some point). So, I would like to get a front sight with a tritium insert that has an orange outside ring. Is there a front sight like that available where I can still use my rear Meprolight sight and save a little money?
Time to get Laser Eye Surgery.
It'll solve your vision problems :)

Unfortunately it won't help your jerky trigger pull, limp-wristing, nor your low grip ;)

TailGator

I have a Trijicon HD on the front of my G26. Visibility is very good. I disagree with the assertion that the front and the back sights need to be the same. I have for a long time had night sights on the front of the G26 with the stock sights on the rear. The combination really directs my visual focus to the front sight where it belongs. It isn't for everyone, but a fair number of people like it.

Rob228

I've got Trijicon HDs on all 3 of my Glocks, two in orange and one in yellowish green. Big fan of them.

TunnelRat

I have a Trijicon HD on the front of my G26. Visibility is very good. I disagree with the assertion that the front and the back sights need to be the same. I have for a long time had night sights on the front of the G26 with the stock sights on the rear. The combination really directs my visual focus to the front sight where it belongs. It isn't for everyone, but a fair number of people like it.
There's a difference between the front and rear being matched in terms of the same style and being matched in terms of the correct height corresponding to each other.

TailGator

Yep, TR, I agree, and I agree with your post. The one prior to yours was more cryptic, but in going back and reading it I see it also appears to have been referring to height from the post prior to that. I read through it too quickly, and I certainly could have been more clear - my apology.

TunnelRat

Yep, TR, I agree, and I agree with your post. The one prior to yours was more cryptic, but in going back and reading it I see it also appears to have been referring to height from the post prior to that. I read through it too quickly, and I certainly could have been more clear - my apology.
No worries. [emoji3]

You're right though that if you don't want a whole set you don't have to go that route. Can save money that way. Plus on a Glock the front sight change is easy.