Glock magazine question

qwiksdraw

Yesterday I bought 2 45ACP ten-round magazines for my Glock 21SF and they won't work in my gun because they do not have the front cut for the mag release. Before I sell them I would like to know more about it first. So, can somebody tell me about this type of magazine

jmhyer

I'm a lefty and have the mag release on my Gen4 G17 reversed to suit my likes. As such, i have to use mags that have the cutout on both sides in order for them to function. Is it possible that this is the issue in your case? (...if the 21SF is even available as a Gen4 model)

lee n. field

Yesterday I bought 2 45ACP ten-round magazines for my Glock 21SF and they won't work in my gun because they do not have the front cut for the mag release. Before I sell them I would like to know more about it first. So, can somebody tell me about this type of magazine

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Glock experimented with an ambidextrous magazine release briefly that used that front cut. Didn't work well, and they went back to the old way.

You might want to contact Glock, if that's what you have.

DanTSX

Salmon is possibly wrong. These sound like old Glock mags.

So you have the ambidextrous mag release model?

Local Glock on Monday and see if they will swap for more modern mags, and if they have 13 round hi caps instead.

Dragline45

These are old Glock mags and will not work with the ambi mag release. Find someone with a Gen 2 or 3 or list them in the classifieds here. They didn't make many 21SF's with the ambi mag release, it was a limited run.

qwiksdraw

Thanks for the replies, and here my answers.

They are Glock mags,

My Glock 21SF does have ambi mag release

and this picture should answer the rest:

Glock%20Mags.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tangolima

Thanks for the replies, and here my answers.

They are Glock mags,

My Glock 21SF does have ambi mag release

and this picture should answer the rest:

Glock%20Mags.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
There is the cut, on the right hand side. They are the pre-gen4 magazines. Specify as such when you sell them to avoid returns.

-TL

Salmoneye

The OP said nothing about having only one cut, or having the mag release set up left handed:

they won't work in my gun because they do not have the front cut for the mag release.

Clearly my fault for missing the entire mind reading part of the post...

:D

DanTSX

Yeah the ambi release 21's had issues. I have one, but no problems yet. I don't shoot it a lot though.

The gen 4 is reversible mag release, which is as sturdy as the old left side only mag release.

My frame will be going to Glock for a replacement soon.