Glock mag. capacity ?

Rifleman1776

An incident reported on the news said a shooter fired 31 rounds from his 9 mm Glock before needing to reload with a new magazine.
I am not very familiar with the Glock or accessories available for it.
Is there a 31 round magazine available for it?

roman3

Th 31 round mag, 33 with the + 2 adapter is actually a Glock 18 mag, and was designed for the Glock 18.

Glock just recently came out with an extended 40CAL mag for its 40 cal pistoles, 22 round capacity I think.

It will of course fit any glock 9mm pistol.

IMG_5057.jpg

chris in va

They were 'banned' by the Clinton administration, but it sunsetted a few years ago.

Personally I'd like to get one of the Kriss mag extension kits for the Glock 21.

FoxtrotRomeo

That's correct, G18 mag. In my state it's legal to have any magazine you can get your hands on.

Glock just recently came out with an extended 40CAL mag for its 40 cal pistoles, 22 round capacity I think.

Yup, 22 round mag. I plan on getting one for my G27. It will be very nice for range trips. I'll eventually get a G18 mag when I get the 9mm conversion barrel.

Rifleman1776

Guys, I am not a moderator. But, please, let us keep the discussion to magazines and accessories. Not politics. One thread was closed because it went astray.

Glenn E. Meyer

That's the truth - we aren't going to be lenient because you feel righteously wound up. Some have bit the dust already.

Also, if your loved one was killed by a rampage - you really expect the person to be gung-ho for guns? A little common sense.

GEM

FoxtrotRomeo

I'm just being factual, I wasn't trying to relate it to the story. The info about the mag was to be related but not the legal thing. Legal thing was directed at me, that's all. No righteousness here.

jmortimer

The best thing about the whole tradgedy was the the Glock jammed and it was only at that point that the bad guy was subdued. One time where a Glock jamming was a good thing.

Texcowboy

I had read in one of the news reports that the weapon shot to empty and the perp was having trouble getting a mag in when a women ran up and either took the mag away or knocked it out of his hand. I did not hear the version of the Glock having a malfunction.

jmortimer

I know it is hard to believe but I heard it from LEOs/FBI and witnesses
According to 1-10-11 article from The Spokesman-Review quoting FBI director Robert Mueller http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/jan/10/shooting-suspect-charged/
"Mueller said the shooting involved a legally purchased Glock 9 mm, a semiautomatic pistol. Loughner allegedly fired all 31 bullets in the magazine and was reloading when a woman in the crowd, already wounded, attempted to grab the gun from him. He finally changed the magazine and tried to fire, authorities said, but the gun jammed. Meanwhile, two men from the crowd grabbed him and subdued him, according to officials."

smince

Wondering if there might be another ban on these....
They are selling out everywhere. The time to get anything you think might get banned it...was last year.

FWIW, they usually always come with the +2 base plate and are 33-round. The '31' comes from the witness holes on the back of the mag body.

smince

It's been my experience that the ProMag and KCI/Kahn Korean mags are good for range use/malfunction drills.

Practice with them, save the good factory Glock mags for carry.