Glock Idea

Navy joe

I don't think this has been asked before, so here goes.

Why the heck doesn't Glock crank out a single stack 10mm? Say 7-8 rd cap. carry sized, and ports an option. That would instantly make my K-40 Kahr obsolete. The MK-40 would still have a niche, it's tiny. Anyway, a Glock single ten is on my wish list right above the Kahr MK-45. They could designate it the G-40 just to PO all the makers and writers touting the 10mm Kurz as the wonder cartridge of the century.

-edit- I is stoopid. Posted in General. Sorry.

AndABeer

/sarcasm on

You must have missed the memo. 10mm is dead, dying, defunct, obsolete, not viable, too much recoil, too expensive, blah blah blah

/sarcasm off

I'm with ya but Glock is done with 10mm. I'll be happy to eat my words at any time.

Southern Raider

Interesting idea, but they would need to make it thinner than the G29 to be of any real benefit. The real reason is probably that Glock seems to have interchangeable components between guns and an extra thin single stack model is a total redesign from the ground up.

Gaston is a good capitalist. Not to say there is no interest, but if there was money to be made, they'd do it.

seeker_two

Southern Raider's right on this one. They'll make a model if it's got a chance at being profitable.

Too bad. I would really be interested in a long-slide version of the G-20 (or even the G-21). That would be a great hog/deer autoloader...

aquapong

The official word from Glock right now is that development of their G37 has been delayed for an unspecified reason. Certainly I'm not an engineer, but if all the pistols are the same (just different sizes and calibers), why is it so hard to bring out new pistols? They really should bring out a 36-like 10mm, a 17-like 45, and both a slimline 26 and 27. I think all three of these would sell like hotcakes to the civilian market. But I know they're primary concern is the leo/military market.

Onslaught

That would instantly make my K-40 Kahr obsolete
You just remember me when you go a'sellin it NJ! ;)

I don't think I'd want a Kahr MK45, but a K45, or even a T45 would make me "forgive" Kahr for the troubles I had with their Polymers.

Preacherman

Aquapong, I'm willing to bet that the reason for the delay with the G37 is the ongoing recall of hundreds of thousands of Glock frames. Glock is producing new frames for every affected weapon turned in (and for all LE weapons, whether or not turned in), with the same serial number prefixed by a "1". This has got to be several months worth of production capacity... I anticipate that once the replacement frames have been made, the G37 will be back on track.

Navy joe

So is this achievable with a G-36 frame, slide from a compact .40, aftermarket bbl., and some mag combo? Will it all fit? If so I guess the biggest issues would be spring weight, mag feeding, OAL for the mags. Single-stack Glock 10mm. :) I'm sure it would be easier to make a compact 1911 launch platform, but this seems more fun. In fact, what compact 10mm platforms are out there?

Old Fuff

Gaston Glock is well aware that many of his guns' fans would like to see (fill-in-the-blank). The problem is that the company has trouble keeping up with the demand for current products. They also won't market anything until (1) They're sure a market is really there. and (2) The new product is really up to their high standards - particularly in the reliability department. None of this is intended to suggest that new models are not in the works.

ajacobs

I love my glocks and my kahrs. And I do the love the glock 36 but if glock came out with single stack 9 or 40 or kahr came out with p and k 45's I don't think the glock could compete. I am sure they would continue to sell a whole bunch because they are glocks, gunshops will be able to push them et cetera. BUt to me the Kahrs metal mag design allows the Kahrs to be allot thinner which is a big factor in ccw. I like the glock and would have loved them to go ahead and use a metal mag and catch when they went single stack then they could have been as thin as the kahrs.