Glock grips, better with Hogue slip-ons

MedicatedOne

I have had Glocks for about 12 years. I upgraded my old G17 to the new grip frame, but something just wasn't right..... :(
Well, I figured it out..... I added the Hogue slip-on grip to it and now it is perfect for me. I guess I was missing the palm swell that the Hogues offer.
I put one on my G27 also and yippeee.... it has a better feel also.
Just thought I would share my happiness with you all. :D

OF

There are quite a few Agrip fans around here, I like the Hogue myself. It slips a bit every once in a while, but it just fits my hand like a glove.

- Gabe

Brian Williams

I had a Hogue on my g19 and I did not like the palm swell or the extra finger groove depth. I took it off and found a piece inner tube that had some neat ribs on it. I cut a piece off and slid it over the grip whoohoo it softened the finger grooves and it gave me a nice solid grip with very little addition to the circumference of the grip. too cheap to try an agrip.

MedicatedOne

I have nothing against A-Grip, haven't tried it though.
I guess I just got used to the palm swell on my G17 before I switched frames.
I wore the same Hogue grip on my G17 for 10 years, it was my duty weapon.
It was still in good shape when I made the frame switch, so I am confident that the Hogue grip will last me the rest of my life now that I am retired and don't carry 40+ hours a week. :D

Kermit

I liked the Hogue slip on grip on my 2nd gen G19, but when I got my 3rd gen 21, it made the grip too big and just not right w/ finger grooves over finger grooves so I took it off. Really depends on the hands using them ;)

swatman

Had a Hogue grip on my Glock 19 but took it off. As was stated by another poster here, it adds to the width of the grip. For me it was just a tad too much. Without the added grip I can get a much better grip on the gun.

Snowdog

I have a Hogue Hand-All on my G19 and don't have any problems with it. However, I do forget how my Glock feels without them.
I may switch over to the thinner Uncle Mikes.

Where Hogue Hand-All grips come in useful is with the Makarov.
I find the stock grips on the Makarov way too small, but with Hand-All Juniors, it's absolutely perfect!

Attachments

• hogue grips on ij-70.jpg
    hogue grips on ij-70.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 172

jtduncan

On a 1st or 2nd gen Glock 20, the Hogue Handall is the way to go.

Better grip and some additional recoil absorption. Love mine too!

And if I ever want to trade or sell it, no guy is gonna freak out about a sticky A-grip on there!

Inner tube slices on my subcompacts too!

Pittsburg

Pachmayr makes a thin, no-grooves textured sleeve that gives the best feel on my Glock 19 of any gun I've ever picked up. Was really surprised. Ordered three more just in case they ever stop making them. Hope the shelf life is long.

Danny45

Never tried the Agrip. Had the handall on a few guns and the only problem I had was during extended double taps. My hand and the handall would stay pointed toward the target, and the gun would want to twist around.

Glock236

"Sticky" Agrip??? You mean how it sticks onto the gun? Then peel it off, why would you worry about a reversible modification on a gun you might sell in the future? I buy what I myself want, regardless of what a future buyer(If I ever decided to sell it) would think. Do you buy your Night Sights like that too?:rolleyes:

RBull

Another user of Pachmayr slip-on's here. I never really liked the Hogue because the added bulge. I used the Pachmayr with finger grooves on old frame G17, but as I got the new 17, the grooves started to slip on the ones modeled in the Glock frame (just a little, but it was annoying enough), so I got the nongrooved slip-on grips and it feels perfect now... (as far as the hand is not wet and dirty - try that!).
Just wonder if there are still available the Uncle Mike's slip-on's, as I could not find them in any catalogue these days???

bpisler

I put the hogue on my G-26 just to fatten up the grip,my G-30 is fine without the slip on grip.

Last edited:

.357SIG

I had a Hogue Hand-All on my G19, but I couldn't figure out how to keep it from sliding around all over the place. I really liked the way it felt with the palm swells, but I can't get over how it shifts. If anyone here knows how to stop the movement without glue or any other permanent fix, I'd appreciate it.:)

Brian48

I have the Hogue grips on my G23. They feel kind of squishy and also tend to feel like they squirming around in your hand when you're not firing, but they do work in regards to making the gun more confortable to shoot. I've found that the sharp checkering on the 2nd gen Glocks to tend to hurt after while of rapid fire drills.

leedesert

I've tried all of them and they were all nice additions until I tried Agrip. It's not an addition but a transformation. If you haven't tried it don't comment because you don't know.
By the way, it doesn't move around no matter what the weather is and if you should want to remove it there is no sticky stuff left behind. I know some people who even put them over the hand-all.