Glock Gen 4 pic

i don't this will have the desired affect of sllowing down the m&p's momentum in the LE market. the smallest back strap looks the same size as the gen 3 grip (or could possibly be a SF version which is only 3mm's smaller than standard), and the biggest back strap makes the grip larger (which nobody wants!). plus you could serve dinner on that enormous mag release...looks like an inadvertent mag drop waiting to happen.

attachment.php

Last edited:

azredhawk44

Those backstraps do nothing to adjust the Glock hump.

In fact, I bet it does away with the empty cavity behind the mag well, so that the inserts have something to slide into and wedge against.

This makes the aftermarket mods more difficult... although you have solid material to work with so you can just shave at one of the backstraps.

The interchangeable backstraps seem to just adjust the overall length from the trigger to the backstrap, keeping all other contour angles the same.

Nope. Not gonna get me to come back to the Cult.

Skans

Basically the same Glock I purchased almost 20 years ago. There's nothing wrong with my early '90's Glock 17....why would I purchase a replacement?

Factory improvements that would get me interested in Glock again:

1. Better trigger (I'm not going to debate how you are supposed to use the Glock trigger -as I know these things...I still don't like the trigger or trigger dingus.)

2. Fixed barrel

3. Different safety system - decocker / safety

5. Titanium Frame

Now, those things would make me go WOW! Interchangable plastic backstraps make me go "huh?"

LordofWar

I doubt thats a Gen 4 as cocking serrations on the Gen 4 in the picture are the same as on 3rd Gen while they have a somewhat fishy look on the pictures that Ive seen.

golfnutrlv

Nice looking, but won't make me replace my 26 with the "Gen 4" 26 just to say I have one.

No sir, keep my perfectly reliable Gen 3 Grock...uh I meant Glock!:D

#18indycolts

the smallest back strap is exactly the same size as the gen 3 grip, and the other back straps only make the grip larger

do you have a link that says that? Just curious. Walther on the P99 has 3 changeable backstraps, and the middle one is the "normal" size.

do you have a link that says that? Just curious. Walther on the P99 has 3 changeable backstraps, and the middle one is the "normal" size.

i am on another forum where someone said the small backstrap insert was a SF size (which is only 3mm's smaller than the standard one).

so i could be wrong about it...

varoadking

I doubt thats a Gen 4 as cocking serrations on the Gen 4 in the picture are the same as on 3rd Gen while they have a somewhat fishy look on the pictures that Ive seen.

The curved cocking serrations appear on the RTF2 frame...not the Gen4.

You are looking at a Gen4...

45_Shooter

I think it's nice to see Glock finally incorporating a feature that customers have been screaming about for years, but it really looks like they're trying too hard and getting into 'gimmick' territory with the rest of it.

I hope this whole little experiment was better thought out than their poorly engineered ambidextrious mag release on the early 21SF's. This mag release looks almost comical it's so huge; why did they mess with it?

They're still putting the same garbage sights on the pistol; why not stick some decent steels on there instead of giving me crap I don't need or want like improved frame texturing and some mag release for a blind man?

oneounceload

1. Better trigger (I'm not going to debate how you are supposed to use the Glock trigger -as I know these things...I still don't like the trigger or trigger dingus.)

2. Fixed barrel

3. Different safety system - decocker / safety

5. Titanium Frame

There are plenty of other guns with those features, perhaps one of then would be better for you?

Personally, I have NO use for a safety on any of my guns of any type. Either the gun is loaded and ready for use, or it isn't. The safety needs to be between your ears, not some mechanical device on your gun.

Fixed barrel? My P7 has one - great gun

Titanium frame? Adds more cost without that much in weight reduction

ilmonster

When Glock comes out with the Gen4 models, will the old models be discontinued, or still sold like the Gen 3 and SF models being both sold today?

EdInk

Day late and dollar short

It looks like they will continue to lose ground to the XDM and M&P series. I was hoping for more. Especially, higher capacity magazines.

J.Netto

I still don't know what to think about it. I've been staring at this picture for a while now, and I guess it's not as bad as it could have been.

I'm still gonna try to hurry up and get the other Glocks I want in Gen3 before it's too late. :mad:

It looks like they will continue to lose ground to the XDM and M&P series. I was hoping for more. Especially, higher capacity magazines.

this is true for the american civilian market.

however, when it comes to LE sales, glock is only loosing ground to the m&p.

zero major police dpt's issue an xd or xdm, & only a handful of smaller one's do either, despite the fact that the xd has been out for much longer than the m&p.

Last edited: