Glock G34

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnemeth

Would the 9MM Glock G34 make a good choice for my fiest handgun? I'm still debating whether or not I should buy a .22 first, but I am considering a centerfire handgun as my first choice.

Thanks
Christopher Nemeth

CCV

If this is your first handgun and you will learning the basics, start with a good .22. No matter how many and what kind of firearms I own (and I own several) my .22's are some of my favorites.

Regarding the G34: It is a good gun. Reliable, comfortable, easy to like. However my first experience with a G34 wasn't positive. It belonged to a good friend and shooting buddy. We tried many different loads in this gun and never were able to achieve the accuracy this firearm SHOULD be capable of.

He sent the pistol back to Glock on two occasions and complained (loudly). On both occasions Glock sent the gun back to him with the comment "MEETS FACTORY SPECIFICATIONS".

Now before someone starts with the "Glocks are different and you probably aren't doing something right" let me add, we both are Glock shooters. Both of us own or have owned several models of Gaston's creation, compete regularly with them. We know what to expect and shot our model 17's side by side, with the same loads with the G34 and the 17's won hands down. There was something wrong with this gun and Glock didn't fix it.

Now this is not a condemnation of the G34 or Glock. Im sure other examples of this model are excellent, this one wasn't.

I'm still a Glock shooter, a GSSF competitor, and carry my G30 as my CCW firearm. Just wanted you to know, Glock is good (very good). Just not perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.