Glock fiber optic front sight only

TennJed

]What are the thoughts on putting a fiber optic sight on the front of your glock and leaving the u shaped back glock? Good mod or not? If so what front sight do you recommend? I was thinking of going with a hiviz green with white outline. I have a glock 34 BTW. Also is a front sight tool necessary?

NWPilgrim

I went with Tru Glo green front and yellow back. Most front sights will come with a simple driver for the front sight nut (very thin, hex). If you have the older OEM front sight you can just drive out the wedge tip. Ruins it but very cheap to replace if you ever want the OEM plastic later.

TennJed

Thanks. A member in another forum said he did it and painted the rear sight black. I am thinking I could do that (maybe finger nail polish so it is not permanent). What are your thoughts on that.

Also does anyone know any fiber optic front sights the are .165"? I am looking at front only because I don't want to drop the $ on a sight pusher tool

NWPilgrim

It seems younger eyes prefer an all black rear sight. I am near 60 and I do better with subdued color on the rear sight and bright color on the front. Most of my pistols have Ameriglo night sights with orange dot painted on front sight with green tritium and pale yellow tritium rear sights.

Revolvernut

Put whatever sights I bit that you prefer and shoot well with. I personally despise Glock factory sights so the first thing I did with mine was put red(front) and green(back) fiber optic sights on it. I bought the sights at my LGS so they installed them for free.

sliponby

I have Tru-glo TFO's on my G26 and G23. I wonder if the point of impact would match point of aim with the factory rear and fiber optic front?

Pahoo

It works for me !!!

Good mod or not
Nothing wrong with it and as long as you like it, so be it. There are a number of handguns that are being manufactured, this way. Also, there are many that have a front sight insert and black rear sights. .... ;)

Lately, I have been mostly involved with the Hi-Viz and although they provide for the front sight and not the rear, so sometimes you don't have a choice .. ;)

Be Safe !!!

Ruger45LC

It's a great setup, in the past I've used an Ameriglo green fiber rod front sight with the stock Glock rear, and it's a good setup. The front sight is thinner than stock so it gives a better sight picture on top of standing out in the daylight, even past dusk for a little bit.