Glock "Commander" 26 Slide on 19 Receiver Possible?

Para Bellum

Hi Folks,

I wonder: Could I use a Glock 26 Slide on a Glock 19 receiver?

I'd like to built a kind "Commander"-Glock which would be nice in IWB carry (G26 slide), but has a Glock 19 grip and capacity.

I assume, it would only be necessary to shorten the dust cover of the Glock 19 Receiver, right?

If so, by buying a G19 Receiver and shortening the dust cover, I could make one of my G26s a "Commander"-Glock...

All the best,
PB

Ozzieman

2damnold4this Is correct
Although the fit of the rubber grip might not look that good it actually feels very good and is stable on the gun.

Last edited:

eldorendo

OP should think a little longer on this! I frequently use G19 and G17 mags in my G26, using sleeves on the mags. Modifying a G19 uppe for this puspose is aburd.

Para Bellum

Not absurd. Carried longer mags and sleeves IWB for years. I want a G19 receiver on a G26 slide. I know why. The only question here is whether it is technically possible. A receiver with all parts costs peanuts and shortening the dustcover would be easy.

Best,
PB

YoungGun

I wish to have the same setup as stated by the OP. G26 slide is much easier and comfortable for IWB while the G19 grip/capacity is just perfect. I am sicked and tired keep hearing about using the G19 mag in the G26. Don't you people realize that the grip geometry of the G26 is different from the G19 (hint, the location of the hump)?

Yg

FlySubCompact

Para Bellum,

You mentioned using long sleeves and mags. (I'll assume dissatisfaction with what you've tried.) Have you tried the X-Grip brand sleeves? I have one and use it on a G19 mag and really like it. It gives a G26/27 a unique grip. One I actually like.

A couple of years ago I was messing around with two Glocks. I was able to mount a G23 gen3 slide on a G27 gen2.5 frame. It would chamber a round and I did test fire it. That combo worked, but I could not get the shorter G27 slide to mount the 23 frame. The 27's RSA is a bigger diameter.

Don't the Gen 4 compacts come with a fatter RSA? If so, that might work.

dayman

In not trying to be contrary, but have you tried a regular 19 iwb?
It's what I carry, and while - with some outfits - it can be a little wide, or the handle can be a little big, I've never had an issue with barrel length.

Para Bellum

@jmr40

@jmr40

Thanks, that says it all. :-(
I'll ask Glock, maybe they build a recevier for me.

And yes, I have also carried a G19 IWB for years in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I am 5'10" and 167#, slim and fit. The G19 slide is too long for comfortable IWB in a desk job. The G26 is just fine...

Thank you also for the other recommendations, I'll check them out.

Best,
PB

Last edited:

Para Bellum

@FlySubCompact

FlySubCompact, thanks. The X-Grip look like a decent solution. The ones I had were too instable for my taste.

Have a good one,
PB

FlySubCompact

What I liked about the Xgrip sleeve is it holds on to the magazine better than another brand I tried. to make it even a tad snugger (is that a word) :D I banded the base of that mag with a wrap or two of electrician's tape, then slid on the sleeve. Stays even gooder. :D

Ozzieman

I am sicked and tired keep hearing about using the G19 mag in the G26. Don't you people realize that the grip geometry of the G26 is different from the G19 (hint, the location of the hump)?

I think most of us to know that about the 26, and that's why the larger magazine works so well. I feels so much better and the gun has a better balance.
So sorry for making you sick.

HKFan9

It can be done.. but not the way you are thinking.

Start with a G26 as a base gun.

The issue as someone else stated is the grip hump, even with the grip extension and the G19 mags.

Either you, or I recomend a good pistol smith who knows what they are doing with this.

Fill the back of the frame in the opening that people normally plug with arch glass, let it harden, from there you can shave down the grip and reduce it to as straight or as contoured as you'd like. People that know what they are doing to a grip reduction can even ADD polymer, generally in the form of a beaver tail but it can be carefully added to exten the grip, but mainly I would just focus on reducing the Glock hump and make it a straight grip.

From there stipple it in a desired pattern so it doesn't look like a beaver has been chewing on your glock. I also recommend removing the finger groves, under cutting the trigger guard, and on my 19 I also rounded the trigger guard.

From there I would use a G19 mag and grip extender, should be pretty much what you are looking for.

My Glock 19 with a grip reduction and some of the work I said, along side the matching Jack Carbine.

2damnold4this

Good looking job on the grip, HKfan.

I have a couple of Glocks and I prefer the hump on the G26 to the G17. I don't know if that is a function of familiarity or physiology. Because it's my carry gun, I practice far more with the G26 and it's the only Glock I've taken to training classes. On the other hand, I also have largish hands and due to my profession, a strong grip. It's probably familiarity as the hand size and grip should work equally well on the G17.