Glock Combo

SIMP

Let's say in 9mm you had a G26, G19, G17 and in 40 you had the G22.

If you could keep only two out of those four models, which combo would you keep and why? Looking forward to your opinions on this. Thank you.

2ndsojourn

I don't usually participate in these hypothetical scenarios, plus the question is inviting for bias. But here goes...

I'd have never bought more than one Glock to begin with, the 19. So sell all but the 19 and use the funds for something else.

vyse.04

I have a G42 and G26, and have thought about getting a G19 since I use the finger extension most of the time anyway... My vote would be G26 and G19 because I don't care for .40, but a G26/G17 combo may make more sense. G26 for CC, G19 for home defense and both can use the same magazines.

rpseraph

I love hypothetical situations when people don't stick to the parameters set forth by the OP...

I would keep the 26 for CCW and the 17 for home defense and the range. I am a big guy 6'4" so a smaller double stack for CCW is ideal! And the 17 is just a blast to shoot, not punny.

Not that you asked... but I would sell the 19 and 22 and buy thousands of rounds of 9mm to play with.

Amegatek

Keep the G19 sell the others and get a 1911 with the money. That's what I did except I traded in a G23 to get the 1911. No regrets.

cc-hangfire

Keep the 26 & 17. They use same caliber, 9mm is the least expensive center fire round so more practice/recreation, and the sizes cover CC and capacity extremes given the limits of your question.

AK103K

Id keep the 17 and 26. I have multiples of all three, and the 19's have never really made a lot of sense to me. They arent much smaller than the 17's, and bigger enough than the 26's they cant go where they go. Dont have any .40's.

Sell the ones you dont like off, and get two more of those you do. Exact spares are a good thing. ;)

Brando1992

to start I would want to keep it consistent, so either choose 9mm or .40. 40 is great if you want to buy conversion barrels, if that doesn't interest you then i would choose the 9mm.

If you go the 9mm Route I would sell the 19, doesnt make since to have when you have the 26 and 17. The 19 is an amazing gun, it does everything you could ever need it to, just isn't the best at any one thing. and obviously also sell the 22.

If you go the .40 route I would sell all of your 9mm glocks and buy a glock 27 and possibly a few conversion barrels.

I have a glock 19 that carry daily, but i have thought about trading it for a 23 and buying a 9mm conversion and 357 sig conversion barrel and .22 upper just so i have the most diverse semi auto ever. but having a 19 already and wanting a 34, I may do all that was stated above to a glock 22...

adamBomb

I would stick with 9mm, drop the g19 but keep the others and then add a g43. That way you are as diverse as you can be with pistol 9mm for defense and ccw.

jmr40

G19 and G26.

I don't shoot the G17 any better than the G19 so I gave it to my son. I keep G17 mags as spares for both the G19's and the G26. I actually own SEVERAL Glocks. The 19 is the best all around and I own 3. Long story, I know I don't need all of them but ended up with them anyway. Instead of the 40 calibers I went with G20 and G29 in 10mm and have recently bought a G43.

The G26 is basically the same size as the G43, only a little thicker. It can do all of the same jobs with careful planning and carry methods. I like the G43, but if I had to choose just one I'd still stay with the G26 for that role. Having 4 more rounds and the ability to use 15, 17, or even 33 round magazines goes a long way toward off setting the thicker gun.

AK103K

The G26 is basically the same size as the G43, only a little thicker. It can do all of the same jobs with careful planning and carry methods. I like the G43, but if I had to choose just one I'd still stay with the G26 for that role. Having 4 more rounds and the ability to use 15, 17, or even 33 round magazines goes a long way toward off setting the thicker gun.
I came to the same conclusion, based on the 42's (the 43's werent out yet). I havent bought a 43, as I really dont see the point.

If it came down to just one gun, the 26 would win, hands down. They shoot easily, like a 17, and can pretty much be one, with a simple mag change. Even though my pinkie is wrapped under the mag, its a lot more comfortable than the cramped grip the 19 has, and feels more natural when you shoot it.

JDBerg

Keep the 17, get rid of the rest of them & get a Gen4 21. At some point I'd want to add a Gen4 34 which belongs on the list.

SEKLEM

Answer to the OPs question. 26 and 17 I would keep. As others have mentioned the 26 is good for CCW, especially for a double stack. The 17 (gen 3 or later) would be a great nightstand gun and is fun to shoot at the range.

To elaborate, there's no reason I can see to mix 40 S&W and 9mm caliber handguns, especially of the same platform. I could see mixing 9mm & 45 ACP.

Let's assume that instead of wanting to keep 2 of the 4 guns you only wanted to keep 1. I would then suggest you keep the 19 as it's the most versatile overall handgun. It's a handgun I would recommend for someone who wants just one handgun. It can be concealed (I've done so for years) and has reasonable capacity with stock magazines.

Now if I may ask, why is this being proposed as a hypothetical? What reason would you have to relinquish two of these firearms?

FAS1

G17 in the safe mounted to by bed frame for HD with a couple spare 19 round magazines and the G26 is my CCW.

FAS1EDC.JPG

DMK

G19 for CCW. 9mm is a lower cost, effective round and the G19 is compact enough for IWB carry.

G22 so you have another common caliber in case 9mm ammo is hard to find. G23 would be even better since it could be a backup EDC for the G19.

boatdoc173

glock 19 for range and carry

glock 22 for same and lonewolf 9mm conversion barrel making the glock 22 a glock 17 for 100 dollars--no need for extra parts or magazines either--works great for me:D

SIMP

Thanks to everyone for your replies and input. Very good points made by all.

I wanted to hear your thoughts as I am deciding which combo to keep for myself. I do own all of these firearms but I am going to be nice and donate two of them to special family members. They don't have the means to purchase one so I wanted to do this for them. Don't worry, they are both 100% legal to own them but they just can't afford to. They will be pleased and thankful for whatever they receive so it's really open to me on which ones I keep.

What stinks is having to decide which ones I want to let go. That's why I came to the awesome members of this forum for feedback and different perspectives. I really do appreciate it.

TailGator

For myself, I would choose the G26 and the G19. I don't care that much for .40, and the G17 grip doesn't hit me right, because the hump in the backstrap is in an awkward spot.

If your affection for each of them is equal, though, the next step in the thought process might be to consider the needs of the recipients. If they strongly dislike .40 and you are fine with it, it might be a keeper. If they need a concealment pistol and you have other options, you could consider parting with the G26. IOW, look at the decision from all sides and it might help.