Glock Book

C7AR15

Just finished reading "Glock-The rise of Americas gun". It is an easy read and moves quickly.

Gaston Glock, with no experience in guns pulls off the coup of the century.

It is amazing what this guy did, he was not a total rookie in the manufacturing game, he made Austrias military knife. And the Glock Pistol was his 17th invention.

He made so many good moves along the way, he was a billionaire in 15 years.

Anyway, enjoyed the book and do recommend it.

DaleA

Paul Barrett the author of the book posted on this forum announcing it back in October 2011. You can read about it here:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=467072&highlight=glock+rise+book

I got to listen to Paul Barrett talk about the book and was 'bemused' at how he steadfastly refuses to be drawn into the pro/anti gun debate. He talks about his book, he talks about Gaston Glock, he won't get involved in the overall gun debate. Shrug. Maybe a good thing.

The number one critical review of the book on Amazon called it "interesting story told by an indifferent author" and that sums up my opinion of the book too---but I would have given the book four stars out of five.

C7AR15

Thanks DaleA

The link you provided is better than expected. With the Author of the book putting up a post !!

The book can appeal to a diverse audience, gun owners, marketing crowd, inventors and even provides some drama.(a hired hit man tried to kill G. Glock)