Glock Backstrap Plugs

Marco Califo

I have 3 Gen 3 Glocks. G26, G23 and G30.
I like to carry the G26 in a pants pocket, and never liked the gaping hole in the bottom of the backstrap. Plugs are available and I have for the G26 and G23. I cannot find one for the G30. I just removed and test fitted the G23 plug in the G30; the plug is too big on the flat that slides in. I am hoping I can sand this down considerably to improvise a G30 plug. The semi-circle shape looks the right size.
Anyone have a G30 with a plug? Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220820_103745.jpg
    20220820_103745.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220820_103919.jpg
    20220820_103919.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220820_104041.jpg
    20220820_104041.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 59

Loupgarou

I got these plugs for all my Glocks, including the G30 in the picture, many years ago (2008?). Can't remember for sure but I think they were all Pierce plugs. Note that it extends to cover the back of the magazine base. The other Glock plugs I have fit flush with the backstrap bottom. So they may have been different brands.

49958619247_2ed70d7c9f_b.jpg

Marco Califo

Scherer SP3 Slug Plug for Gen 3 (Austria) Glock 29/30 has been Discontinued. But thanks.
The correct size for Gen 3 G30 seems impossible to find. Although Gen 4 and 5 (made in USA) are available, but not interchangeable.

Last edited:

44 AMP

Staff
It's plastic, and does nothing but plug the hole, right???

Get (or make) something slightly oversize and file/sand it to fit. Doesn't seem all that difficult to me, but then, I don't do Glocks, so all I can say is that seems to be the case.

Marco Califo

Added to my cart, thanks.
Ordered 2 different ones, mine has the Lanyard hole, but not all G30s do. They say I might need electric tape to improve fiction fit.

Last edited:

burrhead

I thought the Glock plug fad ended ten years ago. Do what you want but I don't know what they're for. BTW, I have 3 Glocks and carry a G19 everyday.

Marco Califo

I did not know there was a fad 10 years ago. There are quite a few makers, and even more sellers active today. Maybe you should let them know this is a passed fad, so they don't get stuck with excess inventory?

Nodak1858

I have them for all mine, I just think it looks odd to have that hole in the grip. They're cheap in Ebay, for a for a few bucks I don't mind spending money on it. There's no advantage either plugging it or leaving it open, just a personal preference deal.

Marco Califo

I received the two plugs I ordered. They are loose slip fit, disappointing. I have not tried electrical tape yet. But since my G30 has the Lanyard hole, I am thinking a small screw through that hole, and into the plug, should secure one of them.

Shadow9mm

Its been a number of years since i took glocks armorers couse. But back then, per glock, the hole on the backstrap is to allow for drainage, water, dust, debri, fouling. Plugging it could cause malfunctions down the road and was advised against by glock.

Nodak1858

I'm sure most shooters will never have an issue installing one. I have them for years with many calibers i can't ever imagine having a malfunction with it in.

Marco Califo

ThAT Amazon listing is for Gen 4 G30 made in USA, AND WILL NOT FIT GEN 3 made in Austria.
I did not ask what the hollow was for, or if the plug was needed. My other Glock plugs include a "button" that snaps into the "lanyard hole".

Captain Nice

Got for my G17 Gen 4 and G20 Gen 4 from Glockmeister several years ago. I think they still offer them but I'm not sure for which models.

Captain Nice

Found this on Glockmeister web site: https://www.glockmeister.com/product-search-results?product_category_id=23972
The Glockmeister Gen4 grip plug (BCIG4) works on the following Gen4 GLOCKS: 17, 19, 22, 23, 31, 32, 34, 35, and 37. It will also work on the Gen5 17 and 19.

The Glockmeister grip plug for full size & compact Gen 4 & 5 GLOCKS secures in the frame utilizing the lanyard hole. It will keep dirt and debris out of the trigger area as well as help lead the magazine into the mag well.

PLEASE NOTE: This grip plug will NOT install on a Gen 4 or 5 that is using any of the additional backstraps. If using backstraps, please see the Pearce PG-G4MF.

Last edited:

Marco Califo

All Glocks past Gen 3 are US made, and for one thing, are not on the California Department of Justice approved handgun roster, because Glock USA has not submitted guns for testing. In any event, the G30 Gen 3 seems to be the problem size to plug. Mine has the lanyard hole, but nobody makes a snap-in plug. The ones I bought needed some pieces of electrical tape to improve friction and retention.

Marco Califo

All Glocks past Gen 3 are US made, and for one thing, are not on the California Department of Justice approved handgun roster, because Glock USA has not submitted guns for testing. In any event, the G30 Gen 3 seems to be the problem size to plug. Mine has the lanyard hole, but nobody makes a snap-in plug. The ones I bought needed some pieces of electrical tape to improve friction and retention.