Glock 44 Red/Green Dot Optic Options

I've been poking around different places on what options are to install a red dot site on a Glock 44. So far, it's been limited to changing out the slide to doing nothing at at all. It's my father-in-law's gun. (Sorry, long-time members that know me. I STILL don't own a Glock). Contrary to others' opinion of the new 44, he loves it. Sights are your typical garbage ones. Don't want to go fiber optic, yet. Don't need top of the line Trijicon, just a decent all-around one. No suppressor planned in the future. Gun is for range fun, not self defense. So, we don't necessarily need the iron sights to be co-witness.

Anyone here find a solution?

Whirlwind06

A frame mounted dot seems to be an option. I don't have one but that's what I'm thinking about if get a g44.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9x19

I have an ADE brand sight mounted on my 10mm Glock 40 and it has held up just fine thru about 200 rounds so far.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H9HXHHK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

7ABbduJ.jpg

Whirlwind06

It's a polymer slide, it's not so much can you put It on the slide. It's can it function with the added weight of the dot? And will the slide hold up.

From what I have read it's right on the edge of functioning when you replace the plastic sights with metal ones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9x19, it won't fit on the 44.

Whirlwind, I've been seeing very little issue with weight bogging down proper cycling as long as good ammo is used on a couple of setups. Problem is the internals underneath the slide when people are cutting dovetails for other sites such as a Trijicon. What kind of frame-mounted options are out there?