Glock 43x

sirgilligan

I found the right 9mm for my wife, and I like it too.

My wife carries a S&W J-Frame in .22 Magnum while jogging and such. She has shot my various CZ's and while she shot them ok, she was not able to be consistent while chambering a round. The BHP's have more purchase, but the springs are even stronger. So, the revolver has worked fine.

I have been looking at small handguns that she could shoot. I rented a Glock 43 and a S&W Shield a while back and they just didn't satisfy.

The Glock 43X with the additional length of the handle does the trick. My wife handles it well. She racks the slide consistently. At first she was pulling the rounds all over because she was overly concerned with the recoil and the slide somehow getting her. But she kept asking me to reload the magazines and kept shooting. She has never done this with any other semi-auto. For her it is a full-size gun. It fills her hand.

I ran 20 rounds through it, a friend another 10, and my wife ran 50 through it. No issues at all. 115 gr FMJ and 115 JHP.

At approximately 20 feet (maybe 22'ish) we pulled up two racks of steel plates, 5 on each. My buddy took his Wilson Combat EDC and I took the 43x that I had only shot 10 rounds through it before. I said go, and never missed a plate, and beat him, he was just dropping plate 4. Now, yes, that is about the shooters and not the guns, because neither failed. The point is, he is usually better than me, and with a new gun I was not expecting such. I was able to get on target quick. The recoil was not "flippy" for me, so I just went down the rack, that extra grip length is just right. Just the stock sights. We were outside in good day light.

My buddy then took the 43x and burned through a rack. He said, "that gun is fast". He didn't miss a plate either. He has a Glock, I am not sure which, but a full-size, that he never carries because it just doesn't point well for him. He said this 43x is different.

So, my wife has a 9mm she likes, finally, and we all shoot it well. For her, it is full-size in her hands, and she operates it well. Good job to my wife. I recommend giving it a try. And yes, this is the first polymer gun to actually be purchased in our house.

USNRet93

I pondered a G43 and g43x for along time and for ME, the versatility of a shorter or longer grip helped me make up my mind for the -43..
I have pinkie only, +1, +2 and +4 mag extensions so I can carry with any type shirt, from snuggish to bulky..IWB/Appendix but tough choice, The 43x feels really good in the hand..good on her(you)..

sarge912

Bought both the 43X and the 48. (same frame, the 48 has a slightly longer barrel.)
You can make a very decent grip sleeve with a small section of inner tube turned inside out.
48-43.jpg

If you want finger grooves and a great grip, the Hogue HandAll sleeve.
https://www.hogueinc.com/handall-tactical-grip-sleeve-small-black
]

Ruger45LC

I had a 43X briefly. I've had the G43 as well but wanted to try the G43X because of the increase in capacity. It wasn't a bad gun but for 10rds it's got a long grip (same as G19/23) and recoil wasn't bad, not real soft shooting but not a chore to shoot either. I personally find the G26 Gen5 to be better in pretty much every way, it's a bit thicker left to right but it's got the same slide length and a notably shorter grip, which is a huge plus for concealment. Plus if need be you can utilize larger 9mm mags, unlike the 43x/48.

JERRYS.

let her decide what she wants based on what she already carries/shoots. the revolver could be the best choice for her and maybe step up to a centerfire round, like a six shot .32.

Buckeye!

I like my 43 with a +2 extention... increases the capacity, and with a simple switch of a mag , back to a 6 round, you have a very concealable , realiable pistol.