Glock 36C

denfoote

I am thinking of having my G36 Mag-Na-Ported.
I have a few questions.

• 1) Does the process screw up the Tennifer heat treat of my slide and barrel????

2) I have Trijicon night sights. Will the ports screw those up?

3) With respect to (1) above, if so, can I have the slide and barrel re-heat treated????

I'm not so much interested in the upward flash aspect of the process. I am interested in taming the recoil of +P loads. The only time I shot +P through it (Triton 165gr +P), the gun durn near flew out of my hands!!! :eek:

This, plus the Trijicons, the 3.5lb connector and reduced power triger spring, and the extended slide release, will give me one really neat tricked out Glock!!! As well as allow me to shoot the most powerful .45ACP loads available through the best subcompact pistol on the market today!!!!! :D :cool:

Shields up!!! Phasors at standby!!!
Comments and answers, Ladies and Gentlemen. :confused:

forby

Well, I'm far from an expert on the subject, however I've read a lot about it.

Porting does of course reduce muzzle lift but:

1. It causes flash to be directed upward thereby affecting your night vision.

2. It also sends hot debris flying out and onto your arms and possibly face.

3. It reduces the velocity of the bullet slightly.

4. Finally, it requires a different approach with retentive firing so as not to catch your clothes on fire!

I personally would shoot a 185 gr. at standard pressure instead of porting.

Just my two cents.

ajacobs

1) Does the process screw up the Tennifer heat treat of my slide and barrel????

Tennifer is not a heat treat process it is a chemical process and a few mills thick. The porting will not screw up the process but in the porting you may expose some untreated metal.

2) I have Trijicon night sights. Will the ports screw those up?

Nope

3) With respect to (1) above, if so, can I have the slide and barrel re-heat treated????

The Tennifer process is banned in the US due to EPA regs for the chemicals.

Pilate

I think the front site may be affected... Enough shooting may cover the tritium vial with the same black crud that you clean out of the barrel after shooting. But yes, it will wipe off just the same too.

Also regarding the comment about setting your clothes on fire... Unless your clothes happen to be soaked in gasoline, they won't ignite. Maybe if you shredded your cotton T-shirt into a fine fuzz, dangled it over the port, and emptied a magazine... Then maybe.

blades67

I suggest you find a G36C that you can try (using those +P loads) before you go porting you gun. If you port your gun and then find you don't care for it, you'll want to kick yourself for screwing up your favorite gun.

Oracle

I believe that you can get a "C" (compensated) slide and barrel for your G36 directly from Glock (without going through the FFL nonsense, I believe). I would look into that option before I magnaported a non-compensated Glock.

schild

1. There is no factory 36C
2. I think there might be a reason why Glock doesn't offer a 30C or 36C(or any of the subcompacts). Remember, you might be messing with Perfection.
3. Personally I like my 21C for the range.

cocojo

denfoote save your money it won't shoot any better besides why lower the velocity any lower than it already is. My 36 is fine just the way it is. Night sites and stick on grips that's it.
Recoil is not that bad I shoot 230 Ranger T's.

shermdo

Why do this to an excellent handgun!?

I don't mean to be rude but if you can't control the +P .45ACP loads either don't use them or learn to do so through proper instruction followed by lots of practice on the range. There are a lot of negative issues concerned with porting a 4 inch barreled handgun that you intend for CCW or personal defense use. One thing to think about is that you want to port this handgun so that you can handle +P ammo -- the fact that the barrel is ported will cost you velocity and energy. If you have control issues why not just step down to any of the excellent non +P rounds and avoid the negative issues that come with porting a defensive pistol. I know that this isn't what you want to hear but it is my honest opinion. Good luck and Be Safe.

denfoote

Well guys, I just wanted to know what you all thought of the idea. I was only thinking about having this done!!!! I currently carry 185gr Remington GS. Keep the comments comming!! :)