Glock 36

ragwd

I was shooting for my local summer league tuesday down at the old fondle and drool shop. When I put in layaway a glock 36, because where I live its hot in the summer and makes it hard to conceal. I have been using a lcp for summer carry that just disappears in my back pocket. Now that little ruger is just fine , not snappy and is dependable. Im just not a fan of the 380 caliber. Please lets not start a caliber war here , just explaining why im buying a glock 36. Just asking what everyone thinks about the 36, and if you are carrying it what holster are you using? Please no caliber war.

Big_Bullet

I like mine.

I've owned one for several years and have had only one failure to eject, but I let the gun get completely dry. I'm trying to remember to keep it lubed more often. I carry mine in a Smart Carry hoster. It barely prints and is fairly comfortable. It's no fun to bend forward to tie your shoes though. There may be more comfortable ways to carry it. It's light weight and only an inch thick. The official thickness measurement listed for it includes the slight thumb rest nubbies on both sides, but other than those, the entire frame and slide is only an inch thick. The recoil is a piece of cake, and the 45 is a big bullet.

BB

jfrey

I've had mine since 2000 and it has served well. Virtually the same size as a G19 so I can carry either one in the same holsters. I use a Tagua quickslide or a Galco jakslide. One of my favorites is the Fobus holster. They all work well.

ragwd

Thanx for the replies, Hey its a glock so I know I will like it, just wondering how everyone else feels about it and what holsters your using. Im considering a Desantis, right hand, small of the back. Anyone else carry there ?

riddleofsteel

I had one of the first models and mine would jam with anything that had an open hollow point. I carried it for a few years with expanding full metal jacket with no issues. Finally I sent it back to Glock for a fix but it would never shoot Gold Dot or any other open cavity hollow point without feed stoppages even after they sent it back.
No I was not limp wristing it and I did try new mags, a different barrel ect. Finally I got tired of reading how good everyone else's G36 was shooting and sold it. I rented one at the range and it performed flawlessly with any ammo. Just my luck.

I never bought another one so my Kramer horse hide holster now carries a G23. Perfect fit.

dajowi

I had a 36 for over two years and put a lot of extra money into it. Realized after a time that I was allergic to plastic:eek:

Did carry a number of pistols in the SOB position. Was comfortable when walking but not sitting. The first time you accidentally sit really hard and have the gun strike your lower back you sort of "re-think" the SOB carry mode.

thinktwice

I ordered a G-36 with night sites about 4 years ago from my local gun store. It has been 100% since the day I took it out of the box. It will eat any ammo you feed it, and is quite accurate. (however I am more accurate with my G-30) It's a great pistol in my opinion. When carrying I also use a "Smart Carry" to me it is a very comfortable way to carry for deep concealment. I find it works best with shorts or long pants that have some elastic in the waistband as you can really draw the pistol pretty quick. At times I have carried in an inside the waistband in the small of my back which is also pretty comfortable if you are not going to be doing a lot of sitting for extended periods. Most experts discourage SOB carry, and I don't disagree with them, as it's not for everyone, but I like carrying this way, but that's just me.

SteveBonning

I've had mine for about a year, carry it with the NRA Tactical Holster; the one that wears like a jock strap. Carries the 36 nicely with the standard magazine; if I use the extended mag, it sticks out a bit. With the Tactical Holster I can sit, drive, ride my motorcycle, most anything with the Glock 36 sitting just under my waist, very comfortably.

bossman

Love the Glock 36 it's a really great CCW gun and round. I carry strong side both IWB and OWB. It will fit a G-19 holster so plenty to choose from. Any of the top name leather holster companies will do. Enjoy.

Consort

I have had my G36 for a year-plus now. No hiccups of any kind. Eats everything. I use a Raven Phantom. I mostly carry iwb, but also have the hardware to convert the holster to a pancake style rig if I so desire. SOB carry doesn't work for me. I waited almost four months for Raven to manufacture the holster. Don't know if I would wait that long again........

Shoot45's

"I carry mine in a Smart Carry hoster."

Just wanted to say that having a .45 pointing at the Femoral artery of my leg is less than comforting to me.
Especially considering if there is an accidental discharge of any kind pulling the gun or holstering it and you're out for good!
Not to mention your "family jewels" are there too but I don't think the bullet would damage those in a Smart Carry holster.
To me those "smart carry holsters" don't sound very smart.
Carrying in a holster that has the gun pointing down the other side of your leg sounds. . . "smarter".

saltydog452

Before you invest on a drawer full of 100.00-200.00 a pop leather, try a Fobus paddle for your plastic blaster.

Paul Giannoula at pjholster offers an IWB Kydex that won't collapse and one hand reholstering is possible w/o having to partially undress.

One IWB and one OWB, neither may suit your needs as you see them, but they'll do just dandy while you continue your quest for that 'perfect' holster.

Who knows, you might find that there isn't a need to continue looking.

salty

Ichiro

I could never shoot the G36 one-handed without (evidently) limp-wristing it and causing stovepipes.

I have never had a similar problem with any other gun, including other Glocks. It's too bad. I probably would have bought a G36 except for this.

LockedBreech

At the risk of sounding like a complete moron, why did they design the gun so that it looks like it's holding an extended magazine? I'd love a G36 but I hate that look.

Dragline45

To me those "smart carry holsters" don't sound very smart.

Same here, that's why I sew the back pockets of old jeans into all my pants at about 4 or 5 o'clock. It's like having and IWB holster without the bulk.