Glock 357 sig magazines with 40S&W

Noreaster

I bought a OEM 40S&W barrel for my 357 Sig Glock. Runs good with 40S&W but I'm getting failures to feed, (doesn't seem to pick it up off the magazine.) Should I buy a 40S&W follower for my mags, is there a difference or just new mags? Looking for anyone with experience with this. Thks N/E.

edgreywolf

.357 sig/ .40 cal

My understanding is that the mags are identical...
Both .40 cal diameter and able to swap barrels between guns
I will be watching to see comments from the experts :)
I have a .40 plan to get .357 barrel for it
E

Last edited:

frigate88

I've got it the other way around. I got a .357 sig conversion barrel for one of my .40's and I use the same mags and haven't had an issue. Both mags are exactly the same, only difference is one says .40 the other says .357. The .357 sig round is just a necked down .40 cal casing. Might have something to do with the conversion barrel. Does it do it at all with the stock .357 barrel?

Noreaster

No problems with the 357 sig barrel and ammo. When using the 40S&W barrel and ammo I get slide locking back with ammo still in the magazine. Not every time, maybe three times out of a box of 50. I brought up the mags because my Sig P229 magazines are marked 40/357 but Glock has different mags for 40 & 357.

frigate88

Sounds like it has something to do with the barrel. I got a lonewolf .40 conversion barrel for my 10mm and it was doing that, but it wouldn't do it with the KCM conversion barrel. Try to get ahold of a .40 mag and try it. If it stops with the new mag then that was the problem. If it continues then you know it has something to do with the barrel.

Noreaster

Ok I may have figured it out. Two of my mags have a #2 follower marked 357, and the other mag has a #1 follower also marked 357. The problem is only with the mag with the #1 follower. I just ordered a #9 40S&W follower to replace it.

Noreaster

I got the #9 follower in the mail today. Shot 50 rounds without a problem. Worked every time, full mag, partial mag fed and slide locked back only when empty. I also brought along another mag with #2 357 sig follower and it worked fine. Problem solved.

triumph666

my g22 feeds great with the lone wolf barrel in 357sig...never had an issue but dont shoot whole lot of 357 sig due to price...have not got the reloading stuff for that caliber at all