Glock 34/35 in .38 Super?

gmarr

I don't think there's much chance of a factory offering in this configuration. But I've had plenty of time with the G35 and really like the handling/accuracy etc. Has anyone heard of a conversion?

10mmAuto

If you don't mind me asking, for what purpose would you need .38 super and not just 9mm? Not asking derisively, your reasoning would be informative. In any case, you'd need new magazines and I feel pretty confident the frame couldn't accommodate the increase in OAL.

Honestly, if you like .40 but don't like the muzzle flip in a 9mm size frame you're better off getting a Glock 20, getting a long slide and downloading the 10mm ammunition to .40 levels which is pretty soft shooting.

IZinterrogator

I don't think it is possible due to OAL of the round in a frame designed for 9mm/.40S&W. A G20 or G21 conversion may be possible, but I've never heard of it being done. I have heard of a few 9x25 conversions from G20s, though.

Dashunde

If you want 38 Super performance, perhaps buy a G35 and a 357sig barrel for it.
The performance is similar (or better?) and the ammo availablity is probably better too.

Give this thread a quick read.

noylj

Reason for a .38 Super over a 9x19?
1) Power
2) Accuracy
Reason for a 9x19 over a .38 Super?
1) Every one has one
2) Uhh, every one has one.

10mmAuto

Reason for a .38 Super over a 9x19?
1) Power
2) Accuracy
Reason for a 9x19 over a .38 Super?
1) Every one has one
2) Uhh, every one has one.

That would be an informative post if you were the OP.

gmarr

The conversion might have to be on a large frame model. Something to research. But I also like the idea of a G35 with a .357 Sig barrel. Ref the .38 Super choice, I like the caliber. The Glock platform suits me fine. Thanks for the info.

Hammerhead

They don't fit in the small frame Glocks. You can convert 10mm Glocks to .38 Super, but you may have to pinch the feed lips on the 10mm magazines to get them to work.

noylj

I'm sorry. I read a post asking about the reason for choosing the .38 Super over the 9x19, so I hit "Simply Reply" and replied. If I did something grievously wrong, please let me know.
Maybe I should answer ever post like so many other posts I read:
"WST"
or
"Dillon"
If we are now ONLY talking about G34 conversion to .38 super, it would all depend on the frame and magazine opening. A 10mm Auto or .45 Auto frame and a 9mm slide would be the place to start a conversion. The .38 Super is enough longer than a 9x19 that is unlikely that a stock 9x19 frame or magazine, scaled to 9x19, will be able to work.
As much as I love the .38 Super, it just makes more sense to buy a gun that is already chambered in .38 Super than to spend a fortune to convert one.
Besides, there are other excellent guns other than Glock.

lmccrock

38 super more accurate than 9mm? Never heard that before. Maybe because more effort goes into a custom Super than a production 9mm.

9x23 might work better, same rim as 9mm but 38 super otherwise. REALLY want something different, go with the 9x25 Dillon as mentioned...that is 10mm necked down to 9mm, sortof 357sig magnum.

Hammerhead

I'm sorry. I read a post asking about the reason for choosing the .38 Super over the 9x19, so I hit "Simply Reply" and replied. If I did something grievously wrong, please let me know.

Nothing wrong at all. Anyone is allowed to give their opinion on a question posed to the OP.

gmarr

Thanks for the feedback. I should've said that I'm looking to add something 'different' to the collection. I like the 'non-standard' calibers as they offer good performance and aren't as common. Especially in a custom or customized platform. Guess that's why they're now 'non-standard'.

Tried the .38 Super, 10mm, and .357 Sig. The 10mm in my Dan Wesson is the favorite. The 9x25 Dillon was mentioned. Started looking at that. If a barrel change for the existing platform is all that's needed, like .40 and .357 Sig, then this is something very viable.

Anyone have one or experience with one?

Dashunde

Yea, sort of, not a G35 conversion but I use a Lone Wolf barrel in my G27 along with a pair of Glock 26 magazines. I wouldnt be afraid to buy another combo for a different Glock. Theres also Storm Lake barrels, I hear theyre nice and reliable too.

Your G35 357sig would use the same spring and mags. There's also a 9mm barrel for it. The whole thing is a really flexible package, and that 357 in particular must really be humming out of that long barrel. Add a light for nightstand duty too.

I've been kicking around the idea of a G35 with a Burris Fastfire, along with a smooth face trigger and a few conversion barrels.
But I've got a Dan Wesson Valor standing in the way. :p

Last edited:

Hammerhead

It does look like fun.
IMG_3840.JPG