Glock 30S

TnTnTn

Just ordered a G 30S as a Father's Day gift to myself! I like Glocks having had a G23 for 16-17 years I reckon. Wanting to step up to the classic .45 ACP and have read a lot of positive reviews on the 30S. Are any of you shooting a G30 or 30S?

gregdry

I have one. Mine is equipped with the guide rod laser! Very nice...and accurate! Also have a couple of the hard to find 9-round magazines. With them, the 30s looks a lot like my 27! Very fine gun and, being a glock, you know it's reliable!

BigPoppa

I have had my G30 approx. one year. When I was looking for a compact 45 Glock, I was actually looking for a 30S but could not find one so I purchased the 30 and I am so glad I did.

Bart Noir

I am very happy with my 30S and even spent some bucks on night sights and a pusher tool for installation.

The gun is built using the G30 SF frame design and fits me better than the original G30.

I'd love to find even one 9-round magazine which would allow just a slightly smaller gun butt and hence would be easier to conceal.

I found that one new in package G30 magazine had a weak spring and would not feed the last round or hold the slide back. Thanks to a little package from Wolff Springs, that has been fixed. Lesson was that you cannot trust even "Perfection" magazines until you have tried them.

Bart Noir

proxfuse

I've had my 30s for about two months and love it. For me it was accurate from the first shot. I shoot it significantly better than the G17 I also have. I have medium hands and being a double stack .45, my first, I expected it would take some getting used to but it felt natural and hit right where I aimed from the first time I pulled the trigger. Out of the box, the trigger broke at about 7.25 lbs. I swapped the connector for the Gen4 "dot" version which dropped it down to about 6.5 lb. Swapping the trigger spring for a 6lb competition spring dropped it to 5.5 lb.

The 10rd magazines, though, will take some work to get that last round in, even with the supplied loader. Even then when full they are very difficult to seat fully in the frame. Don't be discouraged as all they need is a little break-in time. I've since bought additional 10rd and 9rd mags and the first thing I do is disassemble them and make sure the coils in the spring are all aligned correctly (one of mine was slightly twisted). Then load them fully and let them sit for a few days, occasionally unloading and reloading them. The 9rd mags I got last week were *impossible* to get the 9th round all the way in even with an uplula loader pressing down as hard as I could. Within two days, I could seat the 9th round by hand. And all magazines when full easily seat in the frame with just a little push (ok, maybe a sharp rap with my palm).

Last edited:

proxfuse

Bart, I bought 9rd mags from grabagun.com for $29 each and received them last week. The web site shows them still in stock as of a few minutes ago but a little bit more expensive.

TnTnTn

Thanks for the responses-sounds like a winner. I will pick mine up from the dealer day after tomorrow. Can't wait to try it out!

mitranoc

I love my 30s. I actually traded an XDS .45 for it. The XDS just wasn't for me, I prefer Glock. I just ordered some Trijicon HD sights for it. Also I like that I can use my 21 mags with it.