Glock 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKump

Has anyone experience with this weapon, good, bad,or otherwise? Is it as accurate as I have heard from some gun writer?

Rob Pincus

oh, lordy...

there are a bunch of members here that are also members at GlockTalk and they have a little Cult thing going for this weapon.

Personally, I think it is a great choice for .45 lovers, but I prefer the 23 for everday carry.

My 30 has always performed well and I have used it in a couple competitions as well. I highly recommend it.

------------------
-Essayons

F

faiello5

I own a G30 and enjoy it very much. It is accurate, reliable and easy to shoot with minimal recoil. It is also very versatile. With its 9 round mag and 2 finger grip or 10 round mag and 3 finger grip it can be used for a carry gun, although it is a little wide in the slide. With a 13 round G21 hicap mag + grip filler it can be used as a full size gun for plinking, pin shooting etc. If you like Glocks, you will really like this gun.

Monty

Just bought a Glock 30 last week and have not had the chance to take it out to shoot yet. I've had a 22 and 23 and didn't end up being too thrilled with either one but with all the good things I heard about the 30 I thought I would try one and the price was right($450). I've already ordered a Glock 21 high cap mag and the grip extender to go with it and a couple of the pinkie finger extenders but I have no ammo for it. Was thinking of ordering some of the Georgia Arms reloads(FMJ) to break this gun in. Should I stay away from these reloads cause Glock says not to use them or should I be ok as long as I don't mess with any non-jacketed ammo? Thanks and I'll let everyone know how I like my newest Glock after I actually shoot it. With a new baby in the house, that could be a while.

bk40

I've had very good experiences with my G30. It is very accurate, in fact its accuracy rivals some of my custom, hand-fitted 1911s. I prefer the 10rd mag as it allows me a 3 fingered grip on the frame. With 10+1 capacity its close to the total package as far as .45acp's go! My 30 has functioned perfectly with the G21 13rd mags-I don't use the various extension grips.
For most shooters the only downside is the thick grip. Arizona Response Systems, Robar and Burns Custom can reduce the girth of the grip.
The G30 makes a great carry or house gun.

------------------
- bk40

Floyd2U

I own a Glock 30. Nice pistol! It conceals good for me. It's accurate and the recoil is surprisingly mild for a small handgun. And, of course, you get 10 +1 rounds of .45 ACP...

------------------
Join the NRA!!!

Tom B

I have owned a G30 and it was the most accurate Glock out of box I have owned. It was 100% reliable. The only problem was even for a Glock it was UGGLLY! Monty- I shoot Ga Arms reloads in all my Glocks (and other guns as well) with no problems for years.

OBIWAN

I shot a few rounds this weekend through one.
I agree with everyone else, that it is a bit thick for my tastes, and without the extended mag it is a little short in the frame.

jimmy

FWIW, my G30 is reliable and fun to shoot. The thickish grip fits fine in my oversized hands. Tastes vary, but I even like the smaller (9-round) magazine--to me, it makes the G30 feel like a grown-up G26, which, BTW, is another great Glock.

vince weng

G30 is extremely good pistol. It is small but very accurate. I believe the recoil spring makes it so accurate. It is even more accurate than my berrata 92F and Sig 226 (I used to shoot 9mm pistols). Now it is more and more difficult to get a G30. Get one while you can. You won't regret!

Monty

Thanks Tom B. Guess I'll have to give them a call. Came home today to 223 and 9mm ammo from GA Arms on the porch but no 45. Dang. I don't think I can afford to place another big enough order to get free shipping again. Guess I could have worse problems. Thanks again Tom.

Bulldog

Just bought one Monday. I took it out Tuesday and was impressed. Very accurate, and very light recoil (for a lightweight .45). Accuracy for me was better than with any other handgun I own. Like everyone else said, its grip is a bit thick. That's taking some getting used to for me. The 9/40/357 Glocks fit my hand much better, but I just had to have a 30. :D

[This message has been edited by Bulldog (edited May 14, 1999).]

Mute

Accurate and reliable. Also comfortable to shoot. As a carry gun, it'll do fine as long as you don't plan on using any IWB holsters. Its slide is way too thick for me to carry comfortably in an IWB. In that respect, the 1911 and its variants still have the thinner more comfortable slide widths. YMMV.

Exiled And Addicted

Retired Screen Name
I like the G30. I think it ranks as the ultimate CCW pistol. BUT, I have just about decided to use .400 Corbon in it for defense, purely for feed reliability reasons. I feel 99.9% secure with .45acp, but that's not enough - I would feel 100% with the bottlenecked .400CB. But then no BIIIIG hole...Just can't win. I still think the perfect personal defense cartridge has yet to be invented. .45acp came very close, in my opinion.

I also have to say, JKump, that your screen name has to make the top 20 list of "Things that Sound Dirty but Really Aren't"

[This message has been edited by Exiled And Addicted (edited May 15, 1999).]

glockorama

All I can say is----buy one!!! They are fantastic guns.

[This message has been edited by glockorama (edited May 15, 1999).]

Jbar4Ranch

Ditto glockorama >>> I can usually put 8 or 9 out of a 10 round mag into one big ragged hole about 1 1/4" across at 25 yds, there always seems to be one or two that won't co-operate and open it to about 2". One of the most surprising hanguns I've ever owned.

------------------
Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets replaced.....

CCV

I have owned my G30 more than a year now. It has become one of my favorites because it shoots SO well. In my experience however, stay away from semi-wadcutter bullets (cast and jacketed) as mine does not feed these well. But loaded with a 185gr. Nosler (c.o.l. 1.225") it groups better than some highly customized 1911's I have shot and is totally reliable. Try it...you'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.