Glock 30 or 36

cocojo

I have both pistols and by far the 36 is lighter and flatter for concealed carry. The 30 is very heavey when loaded up. I like the 36 much more than the 30. Both guns shoot super. My choice for carry is the 36.

Redlg155

In my book, definitely the 36. You give up 4 rounds in capacity but benefit by less weight.

The G30 with a full mag is 33.86. Add a spare mag and you move up to 43.73 ounces in weight.

The G36 with a full mag is 26.99. Add a spare mag and you move up to 33.87 ounces in weight.

Thats a difference of 9.86 ounces in weight with 1 spare mag.

In addition the G36 is a slimmer weapon, making it a lot easier to conceal. I had a hard time getting a full grip on the G30. With the G36 I can get a proper grip with no problems. This was something I thought about if I ever had to use my weapon while it or my hands were sweaty and or wet from water.

Accuracy is better than I could ever hope for and recoil is manageable. I find that it recoils about the same as a G27 with Corbon 135gr JHPs.

To really get a perspective of how easy and slim the G36 feels, you need to try to get a "loaner" to carry for a day. I believe you will walk away impressed.

Good Shooting
RED

9x45

neither, the G30 is fat and clunky, with only 10 rounds, and the G36 is allmost as fat, and clunky, with only 6 rounds. Both hurt to shoot with full house ammo, and the G36 really hurts. No Glock smaller than a G19 is worth concealing, and actually, a G17 conceals just as well, and you have 19+1 of 127 gr +P+ More is better, lighter is better, and really, a 127 9mm going 1,550 fps out of a G17 is really better. Try before you buy, talk all you want, but just wait until you shoot a G36, or G30, after you parted with all those $$$$$

Redlg155

Oh..I forgot to ask..how are you getting 1550 fps out of a 9mm 127gr +P+??? That is above .357 Magnum territory in a 4.0 inch barrel.

Blades..
30. The 36's short grip just doesn't get it for me.

Both the G36 and the G30 are 4.76in. in height.

Good Shooting
RED