Glock 30 Gen4...What's The Hold Up?

Mercenary

I really like the Glock model 30 and I also really like the new mag releases on the Gen 4 models, so this begs the question: when will we see a G30 Gen4?? Anyone know if its in the works?

sek2344

Why a Gen 4?

I have been buying, shooting, and carrying Glocks for 15 years and I am still waiting for my first malfunction, so in my humble opinion, I just don't understand the need for a Gen 4. What is the big deal and what is, if any, the advantage of having a Gen 4! IMO, the Gen 3 Glocks are such amazing weapons, why would Glock want to make New ones?:confused:

IMightBeWrong

Because the grip is better, especially with sweaty hands (like myself), and the magazine button is now possible for many people to press without having to alter their grip. The Glock 30, if I'm not mistaken, already has a dual recoil spring assembly, right? So there's no need to worry about that changing. I'd personally love a Gen 4 Glock 30 as well.

I love Glocks and I've shot them for quite a while also, but since the Gen 4 texture came around I just can't go back to Gen 3. My mitts sweat a lot when I'm at the range, and the Gen 3 pistols force me to adjust my grip constantly.