Glock 30, 10rnd magazine problem

leedesert

I have posted this on Glock Talk and didn't really get to much help outside of the obvious.
The 10th rnd is very hard to get in and when I finally squeez it in It's hard to draw the slide back. If I force it back and let it go the round chambers but when I look at the round afterwards there are scrape marks from the lip of the case to the rim.

I also have noticed a slight wear on the center tip of the feed ramp (maybe causeing the scrape on the round).

I called Glock and they said to send it in. This is an easy answer but being my only carry gun I'm a little reluctant to let it go.
So far I have shot 150rds and the mags have been fully loaded for two weeks. It's gotten easier to load the 10th but it still has that scraping problem.
I've heard this a common problem so I am looking if anyone has found the common answer.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Mike Baugh

You will find this problem with most of the Glock 10 round mags . I load them with 10 and stick them in the safe for a few weeks , they will get easier to load after a while . The scraping mark on the round will happen whether there is 10 rounds or 1 round in the mag , with 10 rounds there is simply more pressure between the bottom of the slide and the round , therefore the scratch is worse . The mark on your ramp is probably just transfered copper jacket , not wear , I would not worry about it . The feed ramps on most handguns need polished since they are usually just cut with a mill , the rough surface left behind will grab more of the bullet metal and leave that on the ramp . Glock has been getting a little sloppy with their ramps lately . Good luck , Mike...

CCV

The mags for my G30 were a BEAR to load 10 rounds into at first. After several thousand rounds they have relaxed some and are not too bad now.

Glock didn't do a very good job designing their 10 round magazines.

leedesert

I made a mistake in what's causeing the marks on my rounds. It's the inside top of the slide as it's drawn back. Is this what you're refering to Mike?
If it is normal I won't worry about it.
Will shaving off a little on the 2 legs of the follower realy help?

------------------

chaho

The moderator is correct. Also get yourself a pierce pinky extentions and load 10 rounds and leave it for a month that will losen up the mag.

Mike Baugh

Leedesert , the slide rubbing the top of your round happens on all semi autos . Take an empty mag and while depressing the mag release insert the mag into the gun gently [with the slide forward], the mag should seat with no resistance [except for the follower hitting the slide release] , try again with 1 round in the mag and it will stop short of seating when the round contacts the slide bottom . Good luck , Mike...

leedesert

O.K., I filed down about 1/8" off each leg on both magazines. Didn't feel to different but I'm sure it will help. I also have the Pearce grip extension on both mags already.
Thanks for the info everyone.

------------------

WalterGAII

I beveled the followers on my G30 10 rounders, and added the Scherer extensions. I don't have any trouble loading 10 rounds, with my plain old fingers. (And a thumb)

Rob43

The new mags for my issue G22 were very stiff when new. Maybe not for you, but I loaded full with practice ammo and put on a shelf so the heater vent would blow on them occationally. After two weeks the mags functioned and behaved fine.