Glock 29 10mm

JBP

Easier to conceal than the G20 but with 5 less rounds with no noticeable increase in recoil. Check the grip to see how you like it. It took me awhile to get used to using the mag to get a full grip.

wile_coyote

Go for it the G29 is great, I love mine...

Abelew, the 10mm is a great cartridge for a myriad of reason, but like everything else it is a preference and I prefer it :D

Fred Hansen

They are ok out of the box, but the Pearce grip extention and die-cut skateboard tape for the grips made mine really nice. Enjoy! :D

Tantrix

just not sure what the big deal about 10mm is

Perhaps that is has the highest velocity and energy of any automatic pistol cartridge out there? Seriously...if you haven't read up on the ballistic performance of 10mm you don't know what you're missing. For example:

Ballistics : 165gr. @ 1400fps/ 718ft/lbs
Ballistics : 180gr. @ 1300fps/ 676ft/lbs
Ballistics : 200gr @ 1250fps/ 694ft/lbs

Ballistics : 220gr @ 1125fps/ 618 ft/lbs - At 150yds this 220gr slug is still traveling over 950fps. This is equivalant to a .45ACP +p at the muzzle.

Now, compare to similar cartridge....the .40 S&W in same bullet weights:

Ballistics : 165gr. @ 1140fps / 476 ft/lbs
Ballistics : 180gr. @ 1050fps / 440 ft/lbs

Makes the .40 look tame doesn't it. No comparison. 10mm is one of the best calibers out there.

Hammerhead

CCI Blazer and the new Federal Eagle 180 fmj (used to be lead) are very reasonable priced, same or less than .45acp.
Love my 20. I did buy a .40s&w conversion barrel that I like a lot.

Greybeard

A 29 is on my next-to-buy list, likely from www.topglock.com, who seems to have pretty good pricing and some desired accessories. Like .40 Federal barrel, pinkie extension and sleves for 15-round mags.

cje1980

just not sure what the big deal about 10mm is

How's this, it's the only auto round that is considered a legitimate hunting round. It truly offers near magnum performance in some of the hotter loads while you can light loads with lighter recoil. Same capacity of the .40. A better question is what is the big deal about the .40?

abelew

I was just curious, because the FBI was working with it, and dumped it in favor for .40. People balk at the .357sig only because its obscure and expensive, but some people seem to love 10mm, but nobody really knocks the round, funny

Robert Allison

I have never owned a Glock in any caliber, but have a bit of experience with the 10mm round. My current gun in that caliber is a 12 year-old Colt Delta Gold Cup, no longer manufactured. I did a few things to it, had a better trigger installed and also a beavertail. I also did away with the goofy double recoil spring in favor of a straight, heavy-duty one.

If you reload, ammo is no more expensive than 40S&W or 45ACP. I found some reasonably priced PMC factory stuff just the other day and got a box to try out, but haven't done so yet. I find that the 10 with warm/hot loads chucks your brass way over yonder, so plan on losing roughly 1/3 of mine at the range, and close to 100% in the field. Oh well. Just like automotive horsepower, you pay more for the extra grunt.