Glock 27 ?s

FLA2760

Hi All
I am new to the forum. I recently purchased a Glock 27 (.40) and I have put about 100 rounds through it. All went well with no malfunctions. I am a recent semi-auto convert. I had been carrying a S&W model 36 for the last 20 years. I have noticed some threads on Glock malfunctions but they were concerning the model 19 and fewer of the model17s. I have shot Federal Personal Defense Ammo (3 clips) and Speer Gold Dot (3clips) the rest of the 100 rounds being the practice stuff I bought at the range. I cleaned and oiled the 27 after the range. What is your experience with the Glock 27 are they :confused: reliable or not? I thank you for your input in advance.
Steve

D.S. Brown

Check out my signature. Those are 4,000+ malfunction free rounds through my Glock 27.

You have chosen wisely.

Best,
Dave

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Reliable

Glocks model 27 is utterly reliable, at least that has been my experience.
I owned one briefly between '94 and 2002. Actually, I could shoot a lot
better groups with it, than I could the G-23! :) Go figure! :D I carried
the G-27 as a CCW piece for a while, but me being a SIG-A-HOLIC I
reverted back to my .45 caliber P220A.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

deercop

The closest thing I've had to a malfunction with my G27 is one of the mags had a bad spring, and would jam a Gold Dot against the bottom of the feedramp. Glock quickly replaced it with a new one, and no more problems. Also, that was only one mag out of umpteens, and it was quickly obvious, so no malfunction actually occured while firing.

FALshootist

The G 27 is one of the finest self defense pistols available. Its the perfect combination of size, power and capacity. They are great little guns definately one of my favorites.

sigman69

I have shot the heck out of mine...never jams on reloads...or factory ammo...great little gun...the only thing I would change if I could is that it is alittle bulky.

dm1333

mine is relatively new

I've put about 500 rounds of Winchester White Box through mine, along with some Remington UMC 180 g hollow points and it never burped. Before I bought the gun I borrowed a friends and put 150 rounds of the cheapest reloads that I could find through it with no problems.

tanstaafl4y

I've put (best guess) 750 rounds of target grade (180gr truncated flatnose) and prob 100 rounds of Gold dot through my G-27...The only problems I have had is when trying to use my G-22 Mags.

The longer mags work fine (as a back up) as long as you donot apply upward pressure when firing.

marano

Got one...

carried as a duty weapon in plain clothes for about five years instead of the Sig 229 we are issued, its a lot lighter, just as accurate, more reliable, smaller and will shoot from now till hell freezes over without cleaning it without a problem. I mean don't not clean it, that would be cruel, but I have fired several hundred rounds through mine over several days without cleaning it and no problems, but heh its a glock. A lot of guys who go in harms way, me included given the choice will not take anything else.

FLA2760

Re Glock 27 ?s

Thank You all for your input. I am confident that it will function without a problem if the time comes.

Steve