Glock 27 in Ankle Holster

branrot

I'm considering a Glock 27. I have plenty of other guns (including a Glock 23), but am looking for a good, powerful semi-auto gun that I can carry in an ankle holster. I have the Galco Ankle Glove, which I love, for some other guns, and I know it is available for the 26/27. My question is whether anyone has any experience with carrying a Glock 26/27 in an ankle holster, and if it's comfortable or too chunky and heavy?

Runner

Yes, I attempted this...
The Glock 27 is big and fat to try to carry in an ankle holster. It becomes heavy, awkward, and conceals as well as a brick strapped to your ankle.
Don't do it!

another okie

I sometimes carry a snubbie revolver in an ankle holster. I have tried to carry my Glock 26 in an ankle holster, but it's just too wide and heavy to really be comfortable. If you were wearing really loose pants it might work, and if you were wearing boots with a stiff top over the ankle to hold it up it might work. Maybe when Kahr comes out with a polymer version of the MK-9 that will work.

WYO

Been there. Done that. Hated it. I agree with Runner's assessment of a brick on your ankle. Definitely not fun in foot chases. Went back to a J frame revolver that weighed the same but was easier to carry that way. I'd consider a Kel Tec P11 if I wanted to carry an auto.

gumshoe4

I also used to carry a G-27 in an ankle holster. It didn't particularly bother me, but I'm not a small guy and I didn't do foot chases with the gun on the ankle.

Subsequently got rid of the G-27, as it and I were not compatible and it did not work well for me. I went back to carrying a J-frame on the ankle. I've been doing that a long time and it works well for me.

PTSMB

I tried one of the G&G "Bootlock" ankle rigs for my backup G27.
Lasted one shift. Comfort was not a problem, but it looked like there was a small child stuck to my lower leg under my trouser cuffs.

SteveB

branrot

Funny. I love ankle carry, and usually it's a J-frame (model 60 in .357, and just traded my titanium for a scandium) or my Kel-Tec (I have an Alessi holster) or my PPK (Galco ankle glove). I'll give it some thought.

George Helser

branrot,

I have heard the Galco Ankle Glove is good but have not tried it myself. Some ankle holsters (like my Alessi) are awful and unless are fitted unbearably tight will slide down the ankle till the muzzle is almost dragging on the ground.

I often carry a G26 in a Renegade ankle holster which is comfortable and when attached properly (in a cone shape with the narrow end down) is positive in keeping the arm above the ankle. A friend carries a G27 every day in a Renegade ankle holster and feels the same way (has carried a G26 or G27 in a Renegade on duty for 8 years and recommended it to me).

It takes a little experimentation to get ankle carry adjusted right but once I found the right fit, it is easy to duplicate and I am surprised at how comfortable it is. I normally carry comfortably with dress shoes but when wearing a hiking boot the arm rests on the top of the boot and I do not even feel that I am wearing it.

Good luck!

Regards,
George
In sunny Arizona