Glock 27 FRAME RAILS

FLA2760

Hi
I called Glock today to get some magazine springs. I gave the guy the serial number on my Glock27 and he told me I am "within the range" for a possible frame rail failure! They will fix my pistol but by the time they get the parts they need from Austria (6-8 weeks) and I send it off to Georgia the turn around will be another 3-4 weeks.:( Are any of you familiar with this problem with the Glock27? Gee magazine springs, frame rails, it almost makes me want to start carrying a revolver again! Thanks for your replys. :D

mmcbeat

I would guess that your serial number starts with an "E". Many of the "E" series Glocks qualifiy for a "frame upgrade" because of the possibility of the frame rails breaking. I had two such Glocks. Glock ordered new frames from Austria then informed me when they came in. I then sent my Glocks in for the "upgrade". It took about two weeks. The new frame will have the original serial number proceeded by a "1". Glock will also reimburse you for shipping. There is a lot of information about this on the Glocktalk forum.