Glock 27 - Feels much snappier lately on the same ammo.

Dashunde

I've always really liked shooting my G27 despite its snappiness, but on Saturday it was lighting me up. Same story the last time I took it out, but then I thought it was just me being a sissy that day.
I left the range this time with a sore wrist, elbow, and the left side of my bird-flippin finger felt like I whacked it with a hammer after about 25 rounds.

I've always run the silver box Federal FMJ from WalMart thru it, sure does feel hotter all the sudden.
Gun has about 750 rounds through it

Any clue whats going on here?

LockedBreech

I don't want to down-talk you at all, because I'm sure you have considered this, but were you wrists/arms sore from going to the gym or doing heavy lifting earlier in the day or the day before?

Seems silly, but the day after heavy arm and upper-body exercise I feel a little more susceptible to recoil.

Ruling out your own physiology, perhaps that box of ammo was hotter than normal?

Dashunde

I bought the gun this past summer, has anyone honestly noticed a difference in the same Federal FMJ wallyworld ammo I've been using since then?

How many rounds are those little G26/27 recoil springs good for?

On a side note, it was damned cold during both trips out when it seemed to be kicking my arse. (~28F in NE the other day, and ~35F a couple of months ago)

labhound

Might just be the cold. Ever his a baseball when its cold out and had the bat sting the crap out of your hands? Could be the same thing with the gun.

Working your wrists and forarms could make them sore, but it also should certainly make recoil less snappy. I saw your post then immediatly though "he needs to change the recoil spring". I would certainly replace the recoil spring and see what happens, I'm sure it will be better than new.

Keep those wrists tight...;)

Daryl

Any clue whats going on here?

You've been reading too many anti-.40S&W threads. The cure is to go shoot a couple boxes of .44 mags through a titanium S&W revolver. From then on, recoil of a .40 will no longer be an issue.

;)

Daryl

JCP281

I used the WAl-mart .40 federal and it was pretty snappy I thought through my G22. When I used self defense rounds they felt about the same. This was about 2 months ago.

Brian Pfleuger

Moderator Emeritus
The cold probably has a lot to do with it.... I tested some new 357sig loads in my G33 the other day. The temp was 20f and my middle finger hurt like hell afterwards. The gun has never bothered me before and the loads were hot, but not THAT hot. I attribute the difference entirely to temperature.

hardhat harry

Interesting....never saw any advice on recoil spring change out recomendations for Glocks. Anyone know of a Glock factory set of figures?