Glock 26.5

XDforever

I was finally able to take my month old Glock 26.5 out to the range to let it eat today. I had a glock 33 round mag, 3 Glock 10 rounders, 1 Glock 15 round mag, 3 Amend 2 18 round mags, 1 Magpul 17 rounder mag, and 1 Magpul 27 round mag in my bag with me.

I am happy to report that the outing was a huge success. I took it straight out of the box, no cleaning or oiling beforehand. It fired all 176 rounds from all the various magazines with no problems.

I thought I was going to have a problem with the slide stop as it was a bit hard to manipulate when just playing with the gun with no ammo in it. However, after the first magazine went through the gun, it operated with zero issues.

This is going to be a great EDC gun! I just need one more trip to the range with some hollow point ammo. If it passes that test, I will have my new EDC gun.

Joe

Spats McGee

Administrator
I was finally able to take my month old Glock 26.5 out to the range to let it eat today.... I am happy to report that the outing was a huge success. I took it straight out of the box, no cleaning or oiling beforehand. It fired all 176 rounds from all the various magazines with no problems....
Outstanding!

Shadow9mm

I will never understand why people get the smallest gun, where they cant even get all their fingers on the grip, then get giant extended magazine that they could get both hands on, one above the other.

Last edited:

smee78

Come on Shadow, its called a range trip, and some places charge by the clock so it makes good planning to load up all your mags at home instead of doing it at the range. And if they can shoot the gun accurately, who cares if their pinky is hanging off or on an extended mag?

As for the OP, I guess they will need to change their name now? Mabye G26Forever?

I have plenty of time on a 3rd gen 26 and like to keep a Magpul 12 rounder in it and carry a G19 or 17 mag as a reload.

bedbugbilly

I've and my Glock 26 Gen 5 for a couple years now - my first and only Glock. I was impressed with it the first time I shot it and still am. It hits where I point it and have never had an issue with it with either store bought nano or my reloads. A great carry piece which offers more rounds than the S & W Model 36 J frame snub that I carried for a long time (still do at times). Yes, the 26 is small but I find it very manageable and accurate at SD distances.

Enjoy your new 26-5 - I enjoy mine as much as I have other 9mm pistols I own/have owned.

BarryLee

One of the joys of the G26 is the ability to use a variety of magazine capacities. I use a Magpul 12 round for carry, but also enjoy the 33, and 17 round options at the range.

jmr40

I will never understand why people get the smallest gun, where they cant even get all their fingers on the grip, then get giant extended magazine that they could get both hands on, one above the other.

Versatility.

If I buy a G17 I can only use 17 or 33 round magazines and it will always be a full size gun.

If I buy a G26 I can use 10 round mags when concealability is the primary purpose. Another option, and my favorite, is the MagPul 12 round mags. They are just enough longer to get the little finger on something without sacrificing concealability.

If I want a full size gun, instead of buying another gun, I can use 15, 17, 19, or 33 round mags for more control and ammo capacity in the G26. There isn't enough difference in the barrel length to matter.

I cut the grip down on a G19 to G26 length to be able to do just that. I've seen full size G17's cut down too.

Shadow9mm

Come on Shadow, its called a range trip, and some places charge by the clock so it makes good planning to load up all your mags at home instead of doing it at the range. And if they can shoot the gun accurately, who cares if their pinky is hanging off or on an extended mag?

As for the OP, I guess they will need to change their name now? Mabye G26Forever?

I have plenty of time on a 3rd gen 26 and like to keep a Magpul 12 rounder in it and carry a G19 or 17 mag as a reload.
You can pre-load regular mags at home too. Plus you get the benefit of practicing reloads.

Mike38

Why do people think it's an accomplishment to shoot a gun without lubrication? Do you run the engine in your car without oil?

XDforever

The X-grip I ordered came in so now I can confidently carry the G19 15 round magazine as a backup in my pocket.

This is going to be a good EDC setup for me, a 10 rounder with a pinkie extension in the gun and a 15 round backup mag.

The 17, 18, 21, 27, and 33 round mags are just for range duty Plus I share them with my 19X.

Joe