Glock 23C

Tom B

Just returned from my second range visit with the new G23C. Today I put 150rds of UMC 180gr FMJ, S&B 180gr FMJ, and American Eagle 165gr FMJ thru it. Both range visits were at a local game management area range so that I could begin at dawn to check this issue of the ports blinding you in the dark from the flash. This is a non-issue and I could tell little difference in firing the ported vs non-ported handguns in very low light. Reliability has been 100% to date and the porting does reduce recoil in the 40cal Glock. During the first range visit in the accuracy department I found the Glock to shoot about 1.5in low to my POA. I installed a factory adjustable sight that I had purchased several months ago from TFL member Point Blanks and with a few minor adjustments today the 23C is shooting well. It is not a tack driver but has the typical good Glock accuracy of about 3in at 25 yards. It fits perfectly in my Sidearmor holster for my G19. The factory 10rd mags, unlike the Glock 45cal mags, hold 10rds and are easy to load. You can carry 10 + 1 with no reliability issues. I suggest you check out the C models in 40cal and above as the porting does make a difference.

Dave Mo

There is one minor difference. Close - in firing of the "C" model can cause problems. Reports of shooting the"C" from the hip can cause burns as well as spitting of metal shavings from the ports. If the gun is held at arms length there is no problem. I've also heard that the flames can be distracting. To each there own. The "C" is still cool.