Glock 22 vs Beretta 90two

Hi, I have 2 rifles as I have recently just started collecting guns and am currently looking for a nice pistol, I would like a nice looking one but am willing to trade that for extreme reliability or accuracy and I pretty much narrowed it down the the Glock 22 in .40 and the Beretta 90two, which one do you guys recommend?

rsxr22

both are great guns! I prefer steel or alloy to polymer in most applications, but have never been fond of the Beretta. Mainly for ergonomic reasons though.

They are both extremely reliable and if i had to choose between the 2- i would go with the glock because of avalibility and cost of accessories and parts. Also if you plan on carrying, the G22 will conceal better and be lighter on your hip. The beretta will have less felt recoil, but the glock has a better trigger.

It is a tough decision but you cant go wrong either way. What will you be using this for primarily? range, home defense, carry?

Range and homedefense I will use it for, wont carry probally, I dont think I can I will have to check the law since I live near chicago. Hope that clears things up.

rsxr22

well with that being said, if the beretta fits you comfortably, go for it.

If you were open to other suggestions as well, i would also recommend Sig Sauer 226 or 229, very highly! They are more expensive new, but you can find a Certified pre-owned with a warranty or used for under $600.

snail

If you live in Illinois than carry is out. I recommend the 90-TWO personally, but I really enjoy my Beretta 92 :cool:

Glock 22 PROs/ CONs:
low weight/ I don't care for the triggers on Glocks
Smaller size/ Blocky uncomfortable ergonomics
parts availability/cost / More recoil than the 90-TWO
Gun cost is lower/
Customer service(if you need it)/

90-TWO PROs/ CONs
Overbuilt design/ Double the amount of parts
Adjustable grip size(Beretta makes 2 grips for it)/
Comfortable gun to shoot and handle/ Heavy/bulky
Actual on/off safety/ Accesories are more expensive
and hard to find

Last edited:

zombieslayer

I've been shooting a G22 for a lil while now, and its really a great gun. Buy an extra .357SIG barrel, and a 9mm barrel (and mags for the 9mm), and you can shoot 3 different rounds from the 22. I'm an XD guy, but this Glock has really impressed me. my 2cents

MTT TL

Having shot and carried both frequently I can attest that the G22 is superior. Lighter, easier to clean, less to go wrong, more versatile etc etc. That said the Berretta is a fine weapon and will serve you well. Just that the G22 is better.

kristop64089

If I was buying on looks alone, it'd be the Beretta.
If buying on practcality,reliability,affordibility, and durability, then I'd pick the Glock.

Okay, so glock sounds like the AK of the handgun world so I will probally get that but if I could find a Beretta 90two as the same price (which I doubt) I will go for berettta but 90% chance Im going glock, thanks for the help guys.

Yeah but the specific beretta model I want (the 90two) is on average from a quick scan on gunbroker about 100 dollars more while the Glock 22 is selling for about 100 dollars less w/ night sights to which is a nice little plus. Plus im a new pistol owner so I want a gun that will be a bit easier to learn about its mechanisms and easier to clean and so on.

Coltman 77

Beretta makes excellent firearms. I'd wait and save another $100 to own a 90 -TWO.

Glock is great stuff but in the end, all you can say is you've got a Glock. :(

zombieslayer

I used to hate Glocks till this G22 came along... I even think it's ugly. But it just keeps getting better every time I shoot it. Around here you can get the Beretta for the same price, roughly. Hold both of them. If you can, shoot both of them. A lot of gunshops are selling police trade-in G22's for cheap. I would never have wanted a glock till I shot this one

rsxr22

if your looking for a cheap G22, check out summitgunbroker.com

Do not hesitate buying a used or police trade-in. I would never hesitate on a glock because they just dont go bad and if something did, they are the cheapest gun to fix. I believe summit is selling some G2 G22's for $330 and 3rd gens for $370 w/ NS

EnoughGUN

Another vote for Beretta. Something to be said for the feel of slick steel parts sliding and clicking in your hand. I like poly guns but if I don't have to to carry it around on me the Beretta is a nicer piece.

predecessor

Two very different guns.

Glock: Polymer frame; Striker fired S3 style (stiff safety single-action- only) trigger; Light weight; Reliable; Dime a Dozen

Beretta 90-Two: Metal frame; Hammer fired DA/SA trigger; External Safety/Decocker; Reliable; Rare

They have very different features and you may prefer one set to another, I don't know. In addition you should at least handle the two in the same setting to determine ergonomics and which pistol you connect with more. Then go with your gut. Both pistols will certainly be serviceable but one you might enjoy more and shoot more accurately.

For me, if given the option of either free, in almost every case would choose the Beretta 90-Two. Then I'd add a Beretta CX4 to my collection as well as a matching carbine :D

hickok45

In my opinion the Glock is the better choice by a good margin. That said, I like the feel of the Beretta in my hand. I'm a long-time Glock guy when it comes to modern pistols, so I'm biased, but I am a bit sorry I traded off my Beretta 92 about 15 years ago. IT did feel great in the hand.

Okay so Glock it is I guess and the more I look at the glock the cooler it looks, first time I looked at it I thought it was one ugly gun but now Ive changed by mind a bit, Ill ask my grandpa what he thinks, he was a firearms instructor at the Chicago Police Academy and a former Chicago cop himself so I think he should have a fair bit of knowledge on what would be the best gun to suite me.