GLock 22 Gen 4 video?

hickok45

Hi, I'm planning to do my usual Hickok45 style video "review" of the GL22 Gen 4 tomorrow or Monday. I've fired it and messed with it for a couple of days now.

I'll do mostly what I usually do in a video (show, shoot, & discuss), but I thought I'd see if anybody had anything in particular they'd like to see done or discussed with this Gen 4 gun. Please, no 230 yards yet. :)

If you "ain't never heared" of Hickok45 and his brainless videos, just ignore this message. You're probably a better person for it. :)

I can't necessarily do or show what you request, but I'll at least take it in as food for thought.

Thanks,
hickok45

rsxr22

how about a hickok torture test! JK definitely dont want to see you beat up the new ride!

I'd personally like to see a side view of you shooting a 4th gen and 3rd gen to see muzzle flip. Ive heard that the new recoil system tamed things down considerably, but havent actually experienced it.

Sarge

Hey Hickock, good to see you here. How do you like that Gen 4 grip texture? I hadn't considered one because I take 600 grit 'wet or dry' to my Gen 3's... reckon I'm a throwback to the 'smooth gun cult' of years past.

The vid will be worth your time, folks. This boy can shoot.

hickok45

That's my impression, too, but it's been a long time since I've owned a G22. Unless somebody in Middle Tennessee wants to lend me their G22 tomorrow for a day or two, I'll have to do that one later before I return the Gen 4 gun.

It does seem to have less muzzle jump / recoil, but I'm accustomed to shooting my G23 and G27 mostly in recent years.

Thanks,
hickok45

hickok45

BWT, I think I've done that is a video or two, maybe the Range Tour II. It's right at 50 yards to the closest animals on the first hill side, then works up to 80 at the large gong. I've moved these animals around on that hill several times over the years, but the three rows are at about 50, 60 and 70 yards - something like that.

Exact distance down to the foot matters little to me. I don't figure yardage when I shoot. I use almost the same hold on about anything on the first hill. It's not until I get out to 230 that I have to really figure out where to hold or how to change my hold.