glock 22 conversion

EricFi1

Hello! I'm new to here and also a new gun owner.
I bought a retired Glock 22 from a dealer who certified it perfect, aside from some of the bluing coming off.
I live in CA so I have only a 10round magazine. Oh well.

the .40caliber ammo isn't cheap here, thank you mr. president.
the 9mm is affordable, and of course the .22 is as well.
I haven't done bad with the .40 ammo, but the price is hindering my practice time!

I've been reading about conversion kits to convert the .40 Glock to a 9mm or a .22.

My question is.. is Advantage Arms a reputable source for this?

The gunshop said that it's possible that I could just replace the barrel and magazine, and not have to worry about the whole slide and that'd it would save me quite a bit of money. He said I could take the .40 barrel and drop the 9mm (G17) barrel in and call it all good.

I can't find any info on this.. is there any truth to it?
would it be best to just get the complete kit from a reputable source?

thank you!

Deaf Smith

Avantage Arms is a VERY reputable source.

I have owned two AACK .22 units. One for a Glock 17, that I sold to a securty guard who, like you, finds ammo so expensive (unlike me, he does not reload) and a AACK unit for my Glock 26 (which I still have and use alot.)

The AACK units are excellent. Just make sure you can find lots of Remington Golden .22 ammo. My unit prefers it and CCI mini-mags. But mini-mags are expensive and Golden .22s are CHEAP!!!

I shoot that AACK unit each weekend before swapping slides and fireing 9mm from the practice Glock 26 (I pack ANOTHER 26 for CCW.)

As for the replacement barrel, you can get a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel made for the Glock 22 and yes, with 9mm Glock magazines, you have a 9mm! A friend of mine has just that setup for his Glock 22.

EricFi1

Thank you for the info!!

I looked at the offering from Lone Wolf, and they also make a .357 barrel as well.
The price isn't unreasonable either, and it's just a matter of buying the magazines.
The reviews I've read on the 9mm and .357 barrels people have written have been very positive, only complaints were the use of non-Glock magazines.

Literally my Glock 22 can be 3 pistols in 1. I didn't see a .22 barrel for it, but maybe AACK has one.

I haven't gotten into reloading yet, I have been saving the cartridges, as my father reloads, so I'm hoping he'll show me sometime.

Thank you for the lead and advice!

Warchild

I haven't heard anything negative about Advantage Arms either. They seem to do well for themselves and in this day and age if you can get along without having a bunch of internet hate you must be doing something right.

Chesster

Welcome Eric. The bbl and mag of the G17 makes a good range conversion for the G22. It is not advisable to use this setup for defense in 9mm. Like yours, I bought a couple of the old San Antonio PD trade ins. Great shooters with three mags each for about 325 each. I found a used Lone Wolf (if I recall correctly) for about $80 shipped and it works fine.

greyson97

thats a .357 SIG barrel, just clearing it up.

i converted my G22 to a 9mm, with a lone wolf 2 port conversion barrel. You also need new 9mm mags. buy glock, try not to buy korean

lastly they say you can use the 22 extractor, but i got a lot of stovepipes, so buy an extractor too

old style
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=559

new style
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=426

just look on your gun. if its flush with the rest of the gun, its old style

I havent looked recently, but the conversion kits were rare

DogoDon

+1 on Advantage Arms

I have the AA .22 conversion kit for my Glock 23, and it's awesome! I highly recommend it.

It's great to be able to shoot my Glock platform without worrying at all about ammo cost.

DD