Glock 22 and Ciener 22lr kit - OOPS! Help!

Normalizer

I bought a Glock 22c last week and today picked up a Ciener 22lr conversion kit for it. I excitedly read the instructions and installed it, took it into the yard, and tested it out with some 22 gallery rounds. Worked great!

Anyway, seems I didn't pay close enough attention to the installation instructions and I'm afraid I screwed it up. When putting the new slide onto the frame you are to pull the barrel retaining latches down (as you do when removing the slide), I unfortunately did NOT and now I can't get the dang thing off. The latches are locked fully up and will NOT come down, being that it's plastic I'm afraid to force it in any way.

Anybody know how I can get the dang thing off before I haul it to my gunsmith?

jtduncan

Normailizer:

I'd take the kit back where I bought it and get my money back.

Advantage Arms makes a much better kit with Glock adjustable sights and slide lock action after the last round fired.

He only makes kits for Glocks.

Check out his feedback on GlockTalk.

I did and was lucky enough to be a field tester. About 4,000 rounds later and I've taken it rabbit huning and nailed several cottontails with head shots at 25 yards.

I'd get an Advantage Arms kit and ask for you money back on the Ciener and saw that sucker was defective.

F=ma

I don't mean to be a smart aleck, but have you pulled the trigger (on cleared chamber) & retracted the slide slightly per takedown SOP? I believe the levers are "locked" otherwise.

Normalizer

yes, but when I put it on I failed to follow procedure in pulling the slide locks down and they now won't come down at all.

I'll be taking it to a smith this week.

As to returning it, I bought it on an online auction and can't return it, besides it's not defective - I installed it incorrectly. Even so, hard to return it if I can't get it off.