Glock 21SF w/ pics

9x19

In case any are interested here is my Glock 21SF. I like it quite a lot, the grip is just smaller enough for my hands that it no longer makes me pause when I pick it up.

G21L.jpg

Since this is destined to be a range-gun only, I went with Tru-Glo sights.

G21T.jpg

9x19

I carry a Glock 26, but if I were inclined to carry a .45, it would be the Glock 30...

With accurate and reliable compacts, there is little reason for me to carry a full-size gun, IMO.

9x19

Glocks point well for me, and IDPA has helped me learn to shoot them fast and accurately. I find them more than capable of delivering all the accuracy I can eek out of them, at speed. I don't think they are the best choice for the Bulls-eye game, but they are terrific defense weapons.

I've only run my plates with it so far, but I've been able to blame any misses on me. :(

I also prefer their simplicity, compared to most other designs.

Glockeroo

I like all Glocks, but the full-size are just too big for me. I held one and it was huge. I still can't comprehend how someone can comfortably carry a full-size Glock for SD. The 19 for carry is the limit for me.

9x19

With a good holster/belt combo I have carried my Glock 34, in the colder months when covering garments are more generous, but I haven't done so in a good long time.

My Glock 34 with YCS holster:

G34-YCS.jpg

Smaug

Very nice. I've seen the "SF" in the model name for a while, but didn't know what it meant.

The Glock 21 was my second favorite 45 to shoot, behind the HK USP. The grip was just a bit too long, front-to-rear for me, but I still managed to shoot well.

Now you have me wanting one of these to replace my Ruger P90. Grrr. :mad:

Oddly enough, I shot the 21 better than my 34, despite the shorter barrel and sight radius.

ragwd

Nice choice. I like mine alot and may be my most accurate shooter. Maybe due to the barrel is longer than any of my others.
dscf0004tz0.jpg

MTMilitiaman

Nice!

I have my eye on one, and am on the market for a fullsize .45. Since I already have a G20, it would make a lot of sense for me to get the 21SF as I am already familiar with the system. However, I have been bitten by the 1911 bug and no amount of debating with myself can talk me out of it, regardless of how practical it is. I will almost certainly end up with a Springfield MC Operator. But I wouldn't half mind adding a 21SF to the collection as well.

So many choices, so little money :(

Texas Solo

no "SF" website?

I've been looking at the 21SF too. Wonder why Glock doesn't have any "SF" models listed on their website?

Rant Casey

My g21 with a bar-sto barrel is my main carry gun, 13+1 of 230 grain federal hydra shok medicine at my disposal. Issues with carrying it? It is on the large side, I don't have the SF version but with a little effort it's concealable. I say concealable because I live in an open carry state where if my gun prints at all, I'm not going to be hassled for brandishing etc. In the winter it rides in a OWB paddle holster with two spare mags on my weak side. In the summer with just some shorts and a t shirt it goes IWB with two mags and the grip does print slightly, but it really does go unnoticed, if you weren't looking for a gun you wouldn't really see it unless my shirt was extremely tight. I've tried carrying smaller firearms as a main carry gun but in all honesty, the glock 21 is probably one of the top 3 most reliable handguns I own, and fits my hand perfectly. Either way, it's a fine weapon, one of the smoothest .45s i've ever shot, and I'm a ".45 guy". I have a 1911 that cost me almost six times what I paid for the glock, and even though it runs perfectly, I still feel more secure with my 21. Heck, I even purchased a glock 32 to replace the 21 in the summer, but that one sits in my truck now. Never had a single malfunction and runs like a top with everything i've fed it. Don't completely discount the 21 not an option for carry, especially in the winter.

attachment.php

allenomics

It's a great pistol. I wonder what really tiny percentage of the population can comfortably handle the G21. I'd bet that the SF version is already outselling the 21?