Glock 21

JERRYS.

for the G21 only folks.... what mods if any have to made to the gun from stock?

I have a gen 3 G21 that I might get some factory N/S for, but I really don't feel the need for anything else being done to it. its a good fit for my hands.

Sharkbite

I put in a threaded bbl. That has become my suppressed 45acp gun. I found 1911’s to be pretty finicky with a can on the end. The G21 runs like a sewing machine with a can

HighValleyRanch

I cut my 21c grip down to fit the glock 30 ten round magazines, so it's just about the length of a glock 19, put in a Storm Lake fully supported barrel so that I can shoot .45 super in it. Just need to get a new guide rod and 24 pound recoil spring and I'm all set to go. Oh and also ground the front strap smooth and without finger grooves and the smooth back strap.

Richard b

Added night sights, 6 inch "hunting barrel" and 21 lb recoil spring. Works fine.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mr bolo

Nothing, it's perfection "as is"

I noticed a lot of people feel they need night sights? the factory plastic sights work just fine for regular use / low light

CDW4ME

I added Truglo TFO green front/yellow rear night sights to my Glock 21.
And removed the finger "grooves" (protrusions).

Zzeke

There are zero mods that have to be made to a Glock 21. It's all about personal preference and customization. The gun will run perfectly right out of the box.

jmr40

Nite sights years ago, but they've since died. It serves night stand duty now and has a light mounted on it so I never got around to replacing the sites.

I'm really tempted to cut down the grip to accept shorter G30 magazines and still use G21 mags along with a mag sleeve. It is a fairly simple DIY modification with few downsides.

HighValleyRanch

I'm really tempted to cut down the grip to accept shorter G30 magazines and still use G21 mags along with a mag sleeve

If you cut it down to the grip size of a glock 30, it will be pretty short and unbalance. I did that with a previous glock 20 to 29 conversion.

But I found that if you take a ten round glock 30 magazine and take off the filler sleeve and use a regular flat base plate, then you can cut the grip of the 21 down to a little longer length to fit the modified ten round magazine. (The ten round magazine is longer than the stock 9 round glock 30 magazine and uses a sleeve baseplate to fill the space). Now you have a grip length more like a glock 19 than a glock 30.

9x19

Mine's pretty simple... 3.5lb connector, extended slide release, and tritium sights (all Glock parts).

Glock 21SF

aFYigXT.jpg

BrthrB

For my Glock 21SF Gen 3, I had the slide milled for an RMR, added suppressor height sights (black rear, front tritium) and added an Overwatch polymer flat trigger.

Eyes that aren't getting any younger, for distances beyond 15 yards, was the reason for the RMR. The Overwatch trigger was testing/evaluation (on my part), which in turn became a permanent fixture.

JDBerg

My Gen4 21 has the large beavertail backstrap on it, but with my big hands, this setup works for me. The wider slide would cut the web of my shooting hand without this add-on backstrap. But other than a Pachmayr Grip Glove, the gun is box stock, which works for this gun.

Last edited:

JBB

I always wanted a 21 after watching Justified. I bought a 30SF but traded it because it pinched the crap out of my trigger finger. Should still get a G21 to go with my Gen 5 19 one day.

smee78

I installed a 3.5lb connector, extended slide release, tritium suppressor sights and a Storm lake threaded barrel. I also had the slide coated and replaced the pins with stainless ones.

Marco Califo

I like stock Glocks and have passed handgun qualification in 3 calibers, with stock Glocks, two of which weren't mine. My G26 with a G19 magazine and sleeve; my G23, which lost a sight, and was replaced with a range rental; and a rented G30.
The quality and interchangeability are pillars of support to LE Armorers.
They don't support many customized 1911s.
But, I was looking for 10mm conversion barrels today, for my new G30, and I can't find any.
When I converted a G23 to 9mm LW Barrel it worked fine with 9mm mags and no other changes. I don't know how easy the 45 to 10mm conversion is, ...but if I can't get one...

Last edited:

Dan-O

Marco,

A stock 29 barrel and 10mm with no other changes works. Think there’s some utube vids showing this.

Marco Califo

You are saying the factory G29 10mm barrel will fit and work in the G30?
Glockmiester.com has G29 standad barrels for $125. Listing says:

"This is the factory Glock 10mm barrel that comes stock in the Glock model 29 and 29SF. Using it to convert the 30 or 30SF to shoot 10mm is not recommended and unsafe as it is not a 100% fit."

Glockmiester.com used to have an interchangeably document, but it is no longer up on their site. I emailed them about that.

Last edited: